Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Hi Everyone, I'm not sure if to post my problem here or start a new thread, please don't get mad if this is the wrong way.

The Case...

I'm trying to install Mac Os Mojave 10.14.5 in my NUC7i7BNH ( 8gb Ram + 500Gb Sata SSD ) following RehabMan guide, and for some steps I used a vmware version of Mojave in other PC, but once I reach the installer, there is not internet even using IntelMausiEthernet.

RehabMan's Guide is outdated. Most of the process is correct, but the files attached to it are dated. Use the EFI folder from this post instead of the stuff from the original guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...bxx-nuc8i7bxx-etc.261711/page-91#post-1968320

Thanks very much Leesureone for the post #901 and subsequent support for everyone on this thread. Wonderful work.
I have NUC8i5BEH and NUC8i3BEH. Just thought i will let everyone know that with this config, the NUC8i3BEH worked flawlessly with the new EFI (ofcourse with new Serial No), I found the NUC8i5BEH to be stuttering and beach balling every few seconds. The console had a lot of GPUcrashes. Finally found that if you modify the SMBIOS to MacBookPro15,2 the problem gets solved. For me, the MacMini8,1 SMBIOS setting was very problematic for the NUC8i5BEH. Just thought I will let others know if they are facing similar issues. On the NUC8i5BEH, I have 16 GB (2*8) of 2400 Crucial Basics Ram and a M.2 SSD WD Blue 500GB.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
RehabMan's Guide is outdated. Most of the process is correct, but the files attached to it are dated. Use the EFI folder from this post instead of the stuff from the original guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...bxx-nuc8i7bxx-etc.261711/page-91#post-1968320
I'm thinking it might be a good idea to have a reference EFI for the nuc7 people in this thread. I think the 901 EFI will probably get it working, but I know there are some slight differences between the two platforms.

Edit:
Post 1684 has an EFI folder for NUC7 users. Hopefully @BenMiller will continue to update it as time goes by...

Last edited:
Hi @dmt0 and everyone again, unfortunately there was no luck... The post 901 refers a basically a nuc8, still then i tried its plist and kexts but it cause a frozen ( after load HDA Audio got lag and do nothing ) and never reach to installer, probably due device section.

...I modified the config.plist to make it more "compatible" with NUC7i7BNH and again I could reach the installer but the result was the same... no en0 ( no internet via Ethernet ) therefore I can't install properly the system. Note: in the sh console i don't have access to kexstats so i can't be sure if its loading or not IntelMausiEthernet.

Is maybe something missing ? maybe a section in devices refering to Ethernet ? or maybe a way to force the load of that kext ?... I feel something is missing because in general the boot reach the installer faster using the nuc7 config.plist and latest kext

Hi @dmt0 and everyone again, unfortunately there was no luck... The post 901 refers a basically a nuc8, still then i tried its plist and kexts but it cause a frozen ( after load HDA Audio got lag and do nothing ) and never reach to installer, probably due device section.

...I modified the config.plist to make it more "compatible" with NUC7i7BNH and again I could reach the installer but the result was the same... no en0 ( no internet via Ethernet ) therefore I can't install properly the system. Note: in the sh console i don't have access to kexstats so i can't be sure if its loading or not IntelMausiEthernet.

Is maybe something missing ? maybe a section in devices refering to Ethernet ? or maybe a way to force the load of that kext ?... I feel something is missing because in general the boot reach the installer faster using the nuc7 config.plist and latest kext

The EFI on post 901 is for NUC8 only. Go to https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...xx-nuc8i7bxx-etc.261711/page-169#post-2023615 for NUC7 what was posted a few days ago. Still use the info on my post put use the EFI from the above link

Use the above EFI from page 169 which was posted a few days ago and seems to be stable for NUC7.
Rehabman is MIA and we need someone to post 'THIS GUIDE IS OUT OF DATE OR SOMETHING" as many keep using it and failing. HERe is my guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...xx-nuc8i7bxx-etc.261711/page-160#post-2019668

We really need a new Guide but sadly this is the top search in google so everyone keeps coming to this guide.

The logic works for Mojave too just look up the terminal command to post for making USB from the Apple Support link.

Thanks very much Leesureone for the post #901 and subsequent support for everyone on this thread. Wonderful work.
I have NUC8i5BEH and NUC8i3BEH. Just thought i will let everyone know that with this config, the NUC8i3BEH worked flawlessly with the new EFI (post #1695 ofcourse with new Serial No), I found the NUC8i5BEH to be stuttering and beach balling every few seconds. The console had a lot of GPUcrashes. Finally found that if you modify the SMBIOS to MacBookPro15,2 the problem gets solved. For me, the MacMini8,1 SMBIOS setting was very problematic for the NUC8i5BEH. Just thought I will let others know if they are facing similar issues. On the NUC8i5BEH, I have 16 GB (2*8) of 2400 Crucial Basics Ram and a M.2 SSD WD Blue 500GB.
[/QUOTE]
Glad your system is up and working. NOTE Leesureone has updated his EFI on page 91 and post 901 to Clover 5097. So keep referring them back to that rather than post #1695. Post 901 has install info etc.

Glad your system is up and working. NOTE Leesureone has updated his EFI on page 91 and post 901 to Clover 5097. So keep referring them back to that rather than post #1695. Post 901 has install info etc.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks spottsy, updated my post to take out the other post number

Looks like @Leesureone answered. So update your bios to 74 version. I take it that english is not your first language so it makes it hard to understand your problems. Did you delete your entire EFI folder and replace with Post 901? Did you then change your serial number to get imessage working. If you didn't do these important things imessage and other things like audio will NOT work.
See the following link to change your mac's serial number or imessage, facetime and icloud etc will not work.

yeah I know that my english is bad I'm sorry. What doesn't work for me is only Imessage, Facetime.Applications like app store, icloud working normal. And at bios I will look soon because I think that my version is 74

Attachments

• Snímek obrazovky 2019-10-29 v 10.37.39.jpg
    Snímek obrazovky 2019-10-29 v 10.37.39.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 63
Back