Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

No, no idea how you ended up with the _MACOSX folder, I just downloaded it myself and after unzip its just the EFI Folder itself. I gave you several suggestions before to follow...same hold true now, don't know what you tried.

OK
1. _MACOSX folder appears only when you unzip the EFI folder in Windows. -I've re-download it directly to my mac and copied all again.
2. I've tried to delete SSDT-TYPC-NUC8-BC but it did NOT change anything.
3. I've tried to disable ThunderBolt in the BIOS - it did NOT help.
4. Next step should be to remap all the USB ports? is there a guide for it for dummies?

Thank you!

Since many people have been asking/speculating here's a snippet from one of the final posts made by @RehabMan - one specifically regarding his stautus:
Still around, but busy with other (real life) things.
Will not be able to respond to all the queries here.
People need to learn to read.

He made it pretty clear that he's focusing more on IRL stuff and I don't think we can blame him a bit for that (he even posted help for several weeks after that post). As several other members have mentioned, there are a lot of people that owe him a debt of gratitude for his many contributions over the years. That being said, there have been a number of people that have stepped up to the plate in his absence, pushing the community forward and that is pretty awesome if you ask me.

OK
1. _MACOSX folder appears only when you unzip the EFI folder in Windows. -I've re-download it directly to my mac and copied all again.
2. I've tried to delete SSDT-TYPC-NUC8-BC but it did NOT change anything.
3. I've tried to disable ThunderBolt in the BIOS - it did NOT help.
4. Next step should be to remap all the USB ports? is there a guide for it for dummies?

Thank you!

Sure, its tougher than getting a different cable but here is the kind of standard approach.
https://usb-map.gitbook.io/project/terms-of-endearment

You can also use Hackintool to create a custom USB Kext that replaces USBInjectAll.kext. Search this forum for Hacintool.

An $11 cable on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015OW3M1W/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Didn't improve the performance, but I kept the EFI because it has updated clover :).
I myself need to add boot args "slide=0" or my hackintosh will never boot, I'm the only one who needs this it seems.
I also change the clover theme to "Mojave" (need to look for a Catalina one :)) and set default boot volume to my HD and set the timeout to 0 so I have a very native Mac feeling (no clover, only when I need it on key press)

Fyi, my geekbench results:

BEFORE
Geekbench4:
Single: 5742
Multi:19824
Compute: 38245

Geekbench5:
Single: 1170
Multi: 4713
Compute: 8474

AFTER
Geekbench4:
Single: 5775
Multi:19958
Compute: 38486

Geekbench5:
Single: 1164
Multi: 4736
Compute: 8456

The geekbench5 result seem quite ok.
I agree. The Geekbench 5 scores you posted looks good compared to other users postings on the Geekbench site. Geekbench 4 is a dated application and the scores you are seeing with it may be inaccurate, sure seems like it. Don't know about the game play issues though.

exist any way how fix imessage, and another program ? because I did everything tutorials on ethernet and nothing doesn't work. Work it for example few minutes then I get Frame about Contact support or it not working after restart.

What you wrote is a little hard to understand. You have an Intel NUC8i7BEH like me. Go to PAGE 91 AND POST 901 and read it. Basically download the zipped files at the bottom of the page. Mount your EFI partition using Clover Configurator. Backup then delete your ENTIRE EFI FOLDER. Copy and past Leesureone's folder into your now empty EFI partiton.

That is all you need to do. Reboot and everything should work. The only thing you need to do to get imessage, icloud etc working is to change the serial. Leesureone has done all the hard work for us. It has clover 5070 installed which is stable and most of us are using his EFI folder on our Nuc's.

Also the "Rehabman Guide" is NO LONGER up to date or maintained by him any more. So if you followed his post your Hackintosh will not work or be stable.

I have posted on this page simplified instructions on how t make a Catalina 10.15 install USB for a clean install in the link below. It has some more info if you need. Post #1,695 Page 170

EDIT: Fixed Post #1,695 Page 170

Last edited:
Try this EFI folder and then rerun the benchmark. Changed memory drivers, eliminated the boot argument lilucpu=10 and updated Clover. In Geekbench 4 I didn't make any difference but it almost doubled the result in 5. Its just a benchmark but maybe it will help in game play.

View attachment 432722View attachment 432723

Your a clever guy @Leesureone I'll be trying this EFI for sure. Once Catalina gets a few patches and is more mature you need to write a Catalina Guide. Once Multibeast and Unibeast for Catalina come out. Only if you have the time that is. The problem is this guide is NUMBER 1 result when you search in google so that is why I and others came here.

Doesn't have to be a big guide like Rehabman's but somewhere to link with updated info and EFI folder. And you are never allowed to retire like Rehabman or our NUC's wont' work lol.

Didn't improve the performance, but I kept the EFI because it has updated clover :).
I myself need to add boot args "slide=0" or my hackintosh will never boot, I'm the only one who needs this it seems.
I also change the clover theme to "Mojave" (need to look for a Catalina one :)) and set default boot volume to my HD and set the timeout to 0 so I have a very native Mac feeling (no clover, only when I need it on key press)

Fyi, my geekbench results:

BEFORE
Geekbench4:
Single: 5742
Multi:19824
Compute: 38245

Geekbench5:
Single: 1170
Multi: 4713
Compute: 8474

AFTER
Geekbench4:
Single: 5775
Multi:19958
Compute: 38486

Geekbench5:
Single: 1164
Multi: 4736
Compute: 8456

The geekbench5 result seem quite ok.

I copied the EFI folder and changed nothing but the serial and my system boots fine without changes. No idea why yours doesn't. Thanks for the updated EFI folder with cpu etc tweak.

Try this EFI folder and then rerun the benchmark. Changed memory drivers, eliminated the boot argument lilucpu=10 and updated Clover. In Geekbench 4 I didn't make any difference but it almost doubled the result in 5. Its just a benchmark but maybe it will help in game play.

View attachment 432722View attachment 432723

Thanks @Leesureone for the new EFI with Clover 5097. Sleep seems really solid with the new clover and your EFI with changes. So what does deleting "lilucpu=10" actually do? Just trying to understand a bit at a time of this stuff. I looked up "lilucpu=10" and it saying something about spoofing "coffee lake CPU".

I want to thank you yet again for your help in making my NUC rock solid and it is. I used to have my NUC wake sometimes but this happens no more. Also it AUTO sleeps too with this EFI nicely. Thanks so much mate.

I also in another earlier post asked about why bumping the mouse doesn't wake the NUC anymore which I wanted and looked everywhere to work out how to do. So I'm really happy with the latest EFI and Clover 5097. It might be just Clover being updated did the mouse thing?

Attachments

• Boot.png
    Boot.png
    148.2 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
What you wrote is a little hard to understand. You have an Intel NUC8i7BEH like me. Go to PAGE 91 AND POST 901 and read it. Basically download the zipped files at the bottom of the page. Mount your EFI partition using Clover Configurator. Backup then delete your ENTIRE EFI FOLDER. Copy and past Leesureone's folder into your now empty EFI partiton.

That is all you need to do. Reboot and everything should work. The only thing you need to do to get imessage, icloud etc working is to change the serial. Leesureone has done all the hard work for us. It has clover 5070 installed which is stable and most of us are using his EFI folder on our Nuc's.

Also the "Rehabman Guide" is NO LONGER up to date or maintained by him any more. So if you followed his post your Hackintosh will not work or be stable.

I have posted on this page simplified instructions on how t make a Catalina 10.15 install USB for a clean install in the link below. It has some more info if you need. Page 160 Post #1,597

There's an EFI folder with latest clover in post #1695 :).

But a general statement for everybody doing hackintosh: You need to configure your SMBios individually to get most of the icloud stuff working! This describes the process quite ok: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-how-to-configure-your-systems-smbios-correctly.198155/ (Clover Configurator has been updated but the process is still ok).
Note: evertime you create a new SmUUID for wathever reason, delete the old device from your icloud to keep things clean and tidy (also if you have used the default values from Clover by accident it's a bitch to get it deleted). So this process is very important.

Back