Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Thank you Leesureone, but with your plist file NUC doesn't start anymore: after clover load the boot, white apple just appeared for a second and then is replaced by a forbidden symbol...
Don't know why...
[/QUOTE
You should update your signature to include what model you have, if its an NUC8 then what I uploaded should work unless your driver or kext folder it walked. My entire EFI folder is in post #903 if you want to try that instead.

It's a Barebone Intel NUC NUC8i5BEK Core i5 8259U ...... I'll give it a try with your EFI folder...

So...to answer you:
I have installed all of the kexts including codeccomander b4 using kextbeast. That's how I fixed crackling audio. So I tried today to do these 3 things:
Install it in sys/lib/ext instead of lib/ext -> crackling audio
Put it on efi -> crackling audio
Return to the original lib/ext -> normal audio but small
I'm pretty much out of ideas, usually I use sound output from HDMI and its fine. Out of curiosity which do you use, the front jack or HDMI? Another approach to sound is to use VoodooHDA.kext, remove AppleALC.kext first...I remember it working for me when I got my first NUC.

Just updated fine to macOS 10.14.6 (18G95) on a NUC8i7BEH, i7-8559U, BIOS: 0073

Anyone hast the same issues or one of these issues:
- Freezes: when I leave the NUC running for a while/over night and when the display turns of (or I power it off)
the machine some time freezes (no panic) completely
Did anyone of you had freeze issues? I don't know where to start..
- Freeze in system preferences > mission control > hot corners: after you click it the system freeezes
- Power off / shut down issue: after power off the NUC starts again after a while (powers itself on)
Not sure if this only happens when the NUC is connected to theCalDigit TB3 Dock

New sleep issue: it just turns off the display and stays reachable via network / ICMP ping... / ssh session.
If you move the mouse, display turns on again...

Last edited:
Just found two issues on my NUC8i7BEH on 10.14.6 (18G95) and can confirm they didn't exist on 10.14.6 (19G87), I just booted from an external SSD with a CCC backup/clone I just updated before installing 18G95.

Working on 19G87:
- sleep:
- enter sleep, wait a few seconds (monitor using ping), it seems (loosing a few packets) to enter sleep for a few seconds but wakes immediately. Send it to sleep a second time and it sleeps fine
- network with intelMausi works fine, latency is great, throughput is wirespeed 1G

Issues on 18G95:
- intelMausi is broken / very unstable: lots of packet loss / timeouts
- it just turns off the display and stays reachable via network / ICMP ping... / ssh session.
If you move the mouse, display turns on again...

Just restoring the backup with build 19G87
Just restoried the backup with build 19G87, networking is stable again, sleep works on second attemp (apple menu > sleep or pmset sleepnow from terminal/ssh)

Last edited:
I'm pretty much out of ideas, usually I use sound output from HDMI and its fine. Out of curiosity which do you use, the front jack or HDMI? Another approach to sound is to use VoodooHDA.kext, remove AppleALC.kext first...I remember it working for me when I got my first NUC.
Yea I will definitely try that kext later as there have been many recommendation about it. I use both actually, HDMI is for my speaker and front panel for my headphones. And yes the hdmi audio is perfect super loud, super clear sound.
Thanks for your help

Back