Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

You can try my EFI folder on your USB install drive, I know it works for me. You probably have to add the fix regions patch to have internet working off that drive.
Thank you very much, will try this soon.

Hi, I was wondering whether an Intel NUC NUC8i3BEH with an i3-8109u processor would work for a hackintosh project?
Yes. I have the same configuration working on both the NUC8i3 and NUC8i5 models. All good!

There are some problems while I was trying to disable internal bluetooth on my nuc8i7BEH.
Yes, I disable it in BIOS. And when I reboot into my Mojave 10.14.4, I could see the bluetooth is already disabled. But when my nuc is waked up from sleeping, the icon of bluetooth resumed.
How to fix it?

Attachments

• before_sleep.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 82
  • waked up.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 105
Hi @Leesureone I live in Germany , very close to the dutch border in a town called Emmerich ...
It looks beautiful, right on the Rhine River? I guess that explains the need for the regions fix...all good.

There are some problems while I was trying to disable internal bluetooth on my nuc8i7BEH.
Yes, I disable it in BIOS. And when I reboot into my Mojave 10.14.4, I could see the bluetooth is already disabled. But when my nuc is waked up from sleeping, the icon of bluetooth resumed.
How to fix it?
Hi everyone, I successfully fixed it this morning.
1. open SSDT-USB-NUC8-BC.dsl with vim or any other texteditor, you can find this file in the master directory of nuc.git
2. remove the HS10 block
3. save
4. make clean
5. make
6. make install_nuc8bc
7. reboot

I'm going to buy a new Intel NUC to user as a hackintosh machine.
I want to choose between Intel Baby Canyon NUC7i5BNK and Intel Baby Canyon NUC7i7BNH.
Are there any issues known for these two types? Or would you recommend a different Intel Nuc?

I'm going to buy a new Intel NUC to user as a hackintosh machine.
I want to choose between Intel Baby Canyon NUC7i5BNK and Intel Baby Canyon NUC7i7BNH.
Are there any issues known for these two types? Or would you recommend a different Intel Nuc?
I suggest you go back to the beginning of the guide, looks like it was originally written to support that model and then broadened over time to today’s version where you are posting. You should be good.

Last edited:
Many thanks for your work, I've updated my hardware from NUC7i5NUK to NUC8i7BEH, and as i manage a lots of computers i directly put the SSD containing 10.14.4 from the old (nuc7) to the new one (nuc8) using the "old" install ... after finding "EmuVariableUefi-64.efi" in the NUC5 guide i got a 100% working NUC.

Last edited:
Hi, I was wondering whether an Intel NUC NUC8i3BEH with an i3-8109u processor would work for a hackintosh project?
Yes it will.

Last edited:
Back