Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

"Lesen Bildet" as we say here in Cologne !
I read the reboot.log, saw many entries about the graphics and "FakeID Intel GFX = 0x59128086", that led me to https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-intel-framebuffer-patching-using-whatevergreen.256490/ and that encouraged me to delete the "Grafitcs/Inject/Intel:YES" from the config.plist and Voilá : Installation was successful.

Thanks for the hints : I know that this is just the beginning of an interesting journey :wave:

Probably your issue is one of graphics compatiblity/BIOS settings, or something quirky about the display or port you're using.

OK, I was able to downgrade the BIOS to 0057 but not lower, same crashes....

@RehabMan
sorry, I see that I copied the clover directory from the fresh boot stick, here is the one after I tried to install with log

Missing verbose boot photo... please read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" carefully.

My BIOS Video Settings are straight with the recommendations (IGD Min.Mem.=64MB, IGD Ap.Size=256MB, IGD Prim.VideoPort=Auto, =HDMI makes no difference).
Making a photo is a challenge, could be more like a movie and crashes are faster in cleaning the screen as I can make a photo. But I try to make one...
The boot process from Clover USB Stick looks reliable now, I think it makes sense to do the post-install items now, then it can be easier to analyze the boot process from ssd.....?

My BIOS Video Settings are straight with the recommendations (IGD Min.Mem.=64MB, IGD Ap.Size=256MB, IGD Prim.VideoPort=Auto, =HDMI makes no difference).
Making a photo is a challenge, could be more like a movie and crashes are faster in cleaning the screen as I can make a photo. But I try to make one...
The boot process from Clover USB Stick looks reliable now, I think it makes sense to do the post-install items now, then it can be easier to analyze the boot process from ssd.....?

If you suspect a graphics related issue, you should have tried an invalid ig-platform-id (0x12345678).

Well, may be my post was not good, what I wanted to say is that I switched the Graphics/Inject/Intel from Yes to No ! I have read that at the linked page where "WhateverGreen.kext" is explained to take over the job. I did not understand everything, but from that the install came to the end and was successful.

Now I have done all the post install from #2 and I must say I, am really, really impressed from your work! Everything works like a charm, powersaving was a big mess 2 years ago and now seems to work, I was asking myself how to connect an Apple Keyboard 2 ?? And from my big box with old things I put out an Bluetooth dongle, plugged in the NUC and expected everything to explode, but no, that beast starts to search and finds my devices.... Wow, what a good job you did.

The NUC is dedicated to give it for a few weeks to my wife, she shall test how to get along with macOS after years of windows before I make an investment into these incredible expensive new MacMini. I am sure that she with her golden fingers will succeed to crash the thing ? :angel:

Anyhow, Many thanks for your excellent work, I will keep on testing.
/BJ

Last edited:
Hello,

I would like to Buy this Intel NUC and its comes only with one m.2 Port, My Question is Can use M.2 2280 port For Wifi Module (for Example:BCM94352Z) and 2.5 Bay For SSD (EVO 850 ) as main Storage ?

Intel NUC8I5BEH Mini PC NUC Kit

Intel NUC8I5BEH Mini PC NUC Kit

• 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5-8259U Quad-Core
  • 2 x DDR4-2400 SO-DIMM Slots (Up to 32GB)
  • 1 x M.2 2280 Slot | 1 x 2.5" Drive Bay
  • Up to 32GB Intel Optane Memory
  • Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655
  • HDMI 2.0a | DisplayPort | Thunderbolt 3
  • 4 x USB 3.1 | 2 x Internal USB 2.0
  • Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) | Bluetooth 5.0
  • MicroSDXC Slot
  • Dual-Array Microphones and Audio Jac

Last edited:
Updated my bios on my NUC8 not shown in my signature and nuked access to my Mojave install. Windows was fine but I had to roll back to version 56 to be able to boot OSX. If anyone else has updated to BIOS Update [BECFL357.86A] and been able to boot Mojave I'd be interested what you did to get there. Cheers!
Can you provide Bios v56 download? Intel only has 64, 51, 48, 41 now.

If it isn't on the intel download website anymore there is probably a reason (and its not, I checked too). All I can say is trusting a bios file someone like me posts and risking bricking your NUC is maybe not a great idea. Personally I would download from the manufacturer and settle for using version 51, at least for the time being. Up to you....

Attachments

• BE0056.bio.zip
    8.5 MB · Views: 9,269
Back