Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

So I spoke to the developers over at EDUP and they said that this particular WiFi dongle should work on 10.14.3, using their latest driver. I'm extremely hesitant to believe them, but for $15 it's worth the test. It will be delivered tomorrow so I'll update the forum afterwards if it works!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CCMUN8C/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

So I spoke to the developers over at EDUP and they said that this particular WiFi dongle should work on 10.14.3, using their latest driver. I'm extremely hesitant to believe them, but for $15 it's worth the test. It will be delivered tomorrow so I'll update the forum afterwards if it works!
That looks like the Fenvi WiFi adapter I just ordered for a different project. I believe they're both based on the RTL8811AU chip.

https://www.amazon.com/RTL8811AU-802-11ac-Wireless-600Mbps-Adapter/dp/B0761Q654G/

Fenvi is a few dollars cheaper fwiw

I am unsure about how to apply your new config.plist for the nuc8

Hey RehabMan, first and foremost, I have a NUC8i5BEK with the intel iris 655, and whenever I try to do anything that requires graphics acceleration, or any graphical power I suppose it crashes and the whole computer reboots. I'm not able to perform tasks as simple as dragging clips to the timeline in premiere. Please, help. Also, I used to have audio out of the HDMI output ( I had speakers plugged into the back of my monitor through an aux input) however, now it does not work for whatever reason.

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• debug_25780.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 73

View attachment 388832
Hah! It worked! :D For $15 I have 802.11ac Wifi connectivity on my NUC Hackintosh. Posting this right now from it; I'm getting fairly fast browsing speeds, considering how small this is (I have an 80Mbps internet connection):

Last edited:
Hah! It worked! :D For $15 I have 802.11ac Wifi connectivity on my NUC Hackintosh. Posting this right now from it; I'm getting fairly fast browsing speeds, considering how small this is (I have an 80Mbps internet connection):
View attachment 389017
Will Airdrop and Continuity work? Have you tested them yet?

Will Airdrop and Continuity work? Have you tested them yet?

No, sadly Airdrop and Continuity only work on Hackintosh computers that have both Bluetooth and Wifi enabled-- and the cards have to be compatible. The chipset for wifi + bluetooth on the NUC (Intel) is not compatible with what Apple uses (Broadcom). This has been an outstanding issue for a few years now, and the reason why an alternative would be to use your m.2 slot to add one (Broadcom chip + m.2 adaptor)-- but then you'd have to boot from a SATA drive on the NUC, and have a few other issues that @GoingDark mentioned ... I don't want to deal with that on the NUC; I have it working perfectly fine on my other Hackintosh, but this is really just for fun. iMessage works though, no modifying required!

No, sadly Airdrop and Continuity only work on Hackintosh computers that have both Bluetooth and Wifi enabled-- and the cards have to be compatible. The chipset for wifi + bluetooth on the NUC (Intel) is not compatible with what Apple uses (Broadcom). This has been an outstanding issue for a few years now, and the reason why an alternative would be to use your m.2 slot to add one (Broadcom chip + m.2 adaptor)-- but then you'd have to boot from a SATA drive on the NUC, and have a few other issues that @GoingDark mentioned ... I don't want to deal with that on the NUC; I have it working perfectly fine on my other Hackintosh, but this is really just for fun. iMessage works though, no modifying required!

Thank you alot for the explantion. Still new on the Hackintosh (1st build with NUC7i3 here).
After I reached over 2xxxmbps w/r speed by NVME, it's hard to come back to SATA again :D So I will live with that so. Not a big problem as I use this NUC for web browsing at home. iMess works, for other things, I use a portable HDD so just want to find a quicker way :D
Again, thank you.

what tool are you using to measure performance?
I am using disk speed test ,you can download in apple store for free. this is my result on 7i7dnhe about sm951 .

but on 7i7bnh, the sm951 read speed is 3300mb/s. I don't know why .

my NUC8i5BEK keeps freezing, and sometimes restarting . Please help

Back