Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

I installed the NUC7OC5.9 only to find out it was installing in Russian. Very difficult to properly install when I only read English. So I had to delete that installation, and try the NUC7OC5.8. That install went pretty smoothly, however, I am having a problem signing into messages. It gives me, "An error occurred during authentication." I noticed when setting up iCloud, it took an abnormally long time. I would say it took about 4-5 minutes for it to set up iCloud, and I only have the free 5GB account. Any thoughts on how to get messages to work?
NUC7EFIOC5.9 Updated without Russian Keyboard preference

It’s easy to change the default language, my mistake for not correcting that in 5.9. You don’t say if you added new serial numbers, UUID and a ROM address is recommended as well in Platform Information.

I tried changing the default language, but I couldn't get it to stop using Russian. I'm sure I didn't do it correctly.

As far as the new serial numbers, UUID and a ROM address, I figured that was the issue, but I am a noob with OC and am not entirely sure of the procedure. With Clover it was very straightforward. But I'll start doing some research on this. Thanks for the direction.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried changing the default language, but I couldn't get it to stop using Russian. I'm sure I didn't do it correctly.

As far as the new serial numbers, UUID and a ROM address, I figured that was the issue, but I am a noob with OC and am not entirely sure of the procedure. With Clover it was very straightforward. But I'll start doing some research on this. Thanks for the direction.
Here is the ultimate resource from the OC developers:

Last edited:
I tried to downgrade to OC 5.7 since Im having problems with intel BT, keeps freezing on me, which didn't happen with OC 5.7. I used same USBkext on both.

BIOS doesn't recognize OC 5.7 on the boot menu any more, installed it on my NVME drive as well as USB, but still won't see it.

I also reset NVRAM and updated my BIOS to 81 version as well

It will only recognize OC 5.9.

Any ideas?

I tried to downgrade to OC 5.7 since Im having problems with intel BT, keeps freezing on me, which didn't happen with OC 5.7. I used same USBkext on both.

BIOS doesn't recognize OC 5.7 on the boot menu any more, installed it on my NVME drive as well as USB, but still won't see it.

I also reset NVRAM and updated my BIOS to 81 version as well

It will only recognize OC 5.9.

Any ideas?
I've had that issue on a couple of different machines, these included. I used a program called EasyUEFI for windows to fix it although I've also been able to boot from a USB drive (hit f10 to select it at boot) and have the OC hard drive option reappear afterwards. EasyUEFI is free for 30 days and in it you can add or subtract UEFI bootable partitions

I've had that issue on a couple of different machines, these included. I used a program called EasyUEFI for windows to fix it although I've also been able to boot from a USB drive (hit f10 to select it at boot) and have the OC hard drive option reappear afterwards. EasyUEFI is free for 30 days and in it you can add or subtract UEFI bootable partitions

I'll take a look. yeah tried different drives too, inc. USB, pressing F10 like a maniac but the system won't seem to recoginze it. It's so random, since I was switching back and forth OC 5.9 and 5.7 last week without problems.
I think it may be a NUC thing, my NUC5i7RYH did the same thing! these guys have their own personalities I swear!

I wonder if it is Windows since I just installed it on a separate drive, almost seems windows also messes with NVRAM creating problems with OC.

I'll take a look. yeah tried different drives too, inc. USB, pressing F10 like a maniac but the system won't seem to recoginze it. It's so random, since I was switching back and forth OC 5.9 and 5.7 last week without problems.
I think it may be a NUC thing, my NUC5i7RYH did the same thing! these guys have their own personalities I swear!
Ha. Did you try resetting the NVRAM from the OC boot menu? That worked for me once.

Back