Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Can you share what settings you changed in BIOS to fix it?

BIOS 56 - 10.4.2

F9 Load Defaults
Devices -> Onboard devices -> disable WLAN, Bluetooth, SD CARD
Boot -> Secure Boot -> Disable Secure Boot

Hi

I've been researching Intel NUC's seem a great way to make a mini mac.

Is this one likely to be OK - NUC8i7BEH

I've been trying to find the NUC8i7BNH mentioned earlier in this thread with no luck.

Cheers
Martin Wakely

Hi

I've been trying to find the NUC8i7BNH mentioned earlier in this thread with no luck.

Cheers
Martin Wakely
Hi
rehabman guide works for NUC7 and NUC8ixBxx

Hi

Cheers
Martin Wakely

For either one, follow post #1.

Does anyone else have ethernet drop out / speed issues using the built in NIC?
Had this issue.

It is caused by Wake on LAN. I turned off wake on LAN in the bios, and in System Preference/Energy Saving panel.

Last edited:
Hello RehabMan,

I finish the installation but one problem that I haven't with High Sierra and that I have now with Mojave:

- No headphone jack functional (with high sierra no problem) and I need that for use F11 and F12 for the volume (I use a jack for that in High Sierra because I dont like use physical buttom of the monitor)

Please find in attachment the Debug.zip that contain EFI and ioreg file (version 2,1 of course :) )

Thank you very much...

Intel Nuc 7i5BNH

Attachments

• DEBUG.zip
    22 MB · Views: 70
Hi RehabMan, I have the same problem, No headphone jack functional, maybe you can test the headset function. I am at mac
OS 10.14.2. In addition, the ports of usb2.0 inside the computer of NUC8i7BEH are HS05 and HS06 respectively. This is the result of my test. But the headphone jack really has bugs. Thank you, please forgive me for being poor in English.

1) The volume is extremely low - nothing audible until I crank it up to at least midlevel, and comfortable level at full blast.

2) The sound quality is TERRIBLE . Constant crackling sounds in the background. Certain parts in the left or right channel seems inaudible, etc. Particularly, the vocal part of songs sound very distant.

Hello

I buy a USB Wifi key, on the USB 3 ports it turns on and detects only my network. But impossible to connect.

On the front yellow port and full network detection and connection ok.

An idea ?

Back