Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Hi guys! I Used the latest Leesureone UEFI where Clover 5108 and everything works fine! Many thanks!!!
The only sound from headphones jack slot sounds awful, it seems that any load on the processor gives distortions and creaks. And if I connect headphones instead of speakers, it seems that I hear only the middle part of the stereo, moving the L\R side slider does not change anything - just stereo is missing, maybe someone faced a similar issue ??
Please try changing the layout ID. This guide will explain how to do it using Clover Configurator but it's near the end of the pozst. 28 has been recommended several times including the post before this.

Please try changing the layout ID.....

Man, respect to you! Your advice helped 110% :) The sound is perfect, stereo is excellent, without any distortion and creaks!
1) Launched Hackintool 3.4.0
2) In the "Audio" tab, I chose Realtek ALC235
3) Did Unlock
4) Changed ALC Layout ID from 3 to 28

Screenshot 2020-05-04 at 22.01.56.png

5) Exported file = File -> Export -> Bootloader config.plist
6) Moved the resulting layout id from the created file to the main boot clover config file (PlistEdit Pro)

Screenshot 2020-05-04 at 22.36.jpg

Excellent working config file!
I hope this helps someone else with a similar problem!

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.6 KB · Views: 75
Man, respect to you! Your advice helped 110% :) The sound is perfect, stereo is excellent, without any distortion and creaks!
1) Launched Hackintool 3.4.0
2) In the "Audio" tab, I chose Realtek ALC235
3) Did Unlock
4) Changed ALC Layout ID from 3 to 28

View attachment 467229

5) Exported file = File -> Export -> Bootloader config.plist
6) Moved the resulting layout id from the created file to the main boot clover config file (PlistEdit Pro)

View attachment 467231

Excellent working config file!
I hope this helps someone else with a similar problem!

Hey, that's great, here are the other IDs that can work

Sound 3.png

And here is how to change them in Clover Configurator. Open the config.plist with CC, change the layout ID as shown and then save and reboot.

Layout ID Clover Config.png

@Leesureone Hi mate, just come up against a wierd quirk/issue. So I updated my NUC8 to from OC 0.5.6 to 0.5.7 using your EFI's on page 90. Changed the UUID, Serial & Board numbers & MAC & also replaced USBInjectall kext with my custom USBPorts kext etc to mine via ProperTree.

On reboot iCloud & Time Machine thinks its a different Mac & when I go into Apple ID in settings and click on the Mac Mini in my devices list it brings up the Mac Mini but the Serial Number shows as "ADD" rather than the correct serial number.

Have been through the config.plist and cant see any other areas where I should be inputting the serial number. So any insight would be appreciated.

@Leesureone Hi mate, just come up against a wierd quirk/issue. So I updated my NUC8 to from OC 0.5.6 to 0.5.7 using your EFI's on page 90. Changed the UUID, Serial & Board numbers & MAC & also replaced USBInjectall kext with my custom USBPorts kext etc to mine via ProperTree.

On reboot iCloud & Time Machine thinks its a different Mac & when I go into Apple ID in settings and click on the Mac Mini in my devices list it brings up the Mac Mini but the Serial Number shows as "ADD" rather than the correct serial number.

Have been through the config.plist and cant see any other areas where I should be inputting the serial number. So any insight would be appreciated.
In the config.plist its under PlatformInfo/ Generic.

Last edited:
In the config.plist its under Platformnfo/ Generic.

Yeah understood and that's where I changed it all :) What I'm asking is, is there anywhere else I should be looking because this issue is happening after I changed it all in PlatformInfo/Generic.

I looked but couldn't find the "ADD" comment anywhere else, so I can't work out why this is happening. :(

Yeah understood and that's where I changed it all :) What I'm asking is, is there anywhere else I should be looking because this issue is happening after I changed it all in PlatformInfo/Generic.

I looked but couldn't find the "ADD" comment anywhere else, so I can't work out why this is happening. :(
Do you have the PlatformInfo\Generic and the SYMBIOS fields showing in your config.plist? You can send me your config.plist if you like

Don't have enough posts to message
Do you have the PlatformInfo\Generic and the SYMBIOS fields showing in your config.plist? You can send me your config.plist if you like
Would love to send it to you but I don't have enough posts to message you & not too kean on posting it publicly on here. :(

Don't have enough posts to message

Would love to send it to you but I don't have enough posts to message you & not too kean on posting it publicly on here. :(
Here's where it is showing in my config.plist, it must still be there. If you search for the OpenCore Desktop Guide under the Coffee Lake subheading under starting point there is a list of utilities, including Propertree, one of which I use all the tile to generate and update my Symbios info. I'm not sure if I can link to it or not without getting banned but its called GenSYMBIOS. Give it a shot, makes it super easy once you use it a couple times.

ADD.png

Here's where it is showing in my config.plist, it must still be there. If you search for the OpenCore Desktop Guide under the Coffee Lake subheading under starting point there is a list of utilities, including Propertree, one of which I use all the tile to generate and update my Symbios info. I'm not sure if I can link to it or not without getting banned but its called GenSYMBIOS. Give it a shot, makes it super easy once you use it a couple times.

View attachment 467429
Yep well aware of GenSYMBIOS and have gone through the OpenCore Desktop Guide. In ProperTree I have changed the MLB, ROM, SystemSerialNumber, & System UUID to working ones generated previously by GenSYMBIOS and used successfully in my OC 0.5.6 EFI. I haven't used GenSYMBIOS to update though, always done it through ProperTree, so may try that.

The wierd thing is that Facetime & iMessage are still working.

I may also try going back to OC 0.5.6 EFI and see what happens then.

Back