Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

before your SSDT ok, but thank you now I know where I have to focus
The questions I want to ask are "Is the keyboard and mouse working?" And "What's wrong?"
It's unclear what we want to say across language barriers.

Menu-> About Macinotsh-> System Report-> USB devices recognized by USB are displayed.
It does not match the display of Hackintool v3.08, but I think it is a problem that Hakintool needs to fix.

The questions I want to ask are "Is the keyboard and mouse working?" And "What's wrong?"

Menu-> About Macinotsh-> System Report-> USB devices recognized by USB are displayed.
It does not match the display of Hackintool v3.08, but I think it is a problem that Hakintool needs to fix.
Not sure why he was asking me if his mouse or keyboard worked without testing it first, it did for me or else I wouldn't have uploaded the SSDT. And then the general question "What's wrong?" is impossible to answer without more detail.

As far as the system report that's not an issue with Hackintool, I think that happens because we have to fool OS X into seeing our specific USB ports. Maybe not but it's a cosmetic issue to me, functionality is there. If you want to double check what ports you have enabled you can use IORegistryExplorer

yeah System wake up doesn't work and now today after start doesn't work mouse + keyboard. How I have to explain when I did move with mouse and her reaction was after 2-4 minutes same for the keyboard. So there must be something wrong.

Last edited:
yeah System wake up doesn't work and now today after start doesn't work mouse + keyboard. How I have to explain when I did move with mouse and her reaction was after 2-4 minutes same for the keyboard. So there must be something wrong.
There is no way to help unless you provide information about what you have changed. Just stating the problem, unless it is a recognized documented issue, doesn't allow us helps us help you.

If you followed this guide to create an SSDT and are confident you did it correctly and you are still having problems please submit your problem reporting files for review.

Problem reporting

Problem reports should be accompanied by various files that allow your progress to be accounted for...

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting". Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018

It seems that the power supply to the USB does not return when the device is in the sleep state.
To turn off the power, unplug the device and leave it on for 15 minutes before turning it on.
Press F11 (NVRAM clear) on Clover Menu and start
After starting, set System Prefarence-> Energy saver settings as follows in a limited 2 to 4 minutes
Screen Shot 2020-02-14 at 23.26.01.png

If your keyboard and mouse are working
I think it's better to ask the right way to set your sleep.

It seems that the power supply to the USB does not return when the device is in the sleep state.
To turn off the power, unplug the device and leave it on for 15 minutes before turning it on.
Press F11 (NVRAM clear) on Clover Menu and start
After starting, set System Prefarence-> Energy saver settings as follows in a limited 2 to 4 minutes
View attachment 449789

If your keyboard and mouse are working
I think it's better to ask the right way to set your sleep.

It's weird, exist some days when my pc working normal. But when I unplug usb and then put him back doesn't work (Not always). No energy. I have backlight keyboard so then I see that is black. When I restart PC then work normal. But thank you I'll play with this maybe reinstall my pc, because something can be broken in my system.

It's weird, exist some days when my pc working normal. But when I unplug usb and then put him back doesn't work (Not always). No energy. I have backlight keyboard so then I see that is black. When I restart PC then work normal. But thank you I'll play with this maybe reinstall my pc, because something can be broken in my system.

Instead of using a USB-UIAC.SSDT some people prefer a port patch limit in their config.plist. I think you are already familiar with that method and it should enable all ports on your machine and make your problem go away. Add the lines below to your config.plist and delete the USB-SSDT.aml file(s) from your Clover/ ACPI/patched folder.

The only issue is occasionally with updates to OS X new port patches are needed and they have to be redone. If that densest work something else is going on.

Port Limit Patch Catalina.png

Instead of using a USB-UIAC.SSDT some people prefer a port patch limit in their config.plist. I think you are already familiar with that method and it should enable all ports on your machine and make your problem go away. Add the lines below to your config.plist and delete the USB-SSDT.aml file(s) from your Clover/ ACPI/patched folder.

The only issue is occasionally with updates to OS X new port patches are needed and they have to be redone. If that densest work something else is going on.

View attachment 449989

Ok ok I try everything :D Thank you :)

Hello everyone! Long time no seen!

I got my hands on a Sonnet BreakawayBox and an XFX Radeon 580... and it doesn't work specifically in MacOS on my Nuc8i7BEH.

When in Bios or in the Clover boot screen, the GPU fans are spinning, the LEDs on the box are on. Once MacOS reaches the login screen, the fans stop spinning, but the LEDs are still on. Curiously, IORegEx does detect the GPU.

I have a LiveUSB with PoP!OS (a Linux distro), and everything works OOB there.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Hello everyone! Long time no seen!

I got my hands on a Sonnet BreakawayBox and an XFX Radeon 580... and it doesn't work specifically in MacOS on my Nuc8i7BEH.

When in Bios or in the Clover boot screen, the GPU fans are spinning, the LEDs on the box are on. Once MacOS reaches the login screen, the fans stop spinning, but the LEDs are still on. Curiously, IORegEx does detect the GPU.

I have a LiveUSB with PoP!OS (a Linux distro), and everything works OOB there.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Do you have Thunderbolt set to "Legacy" in the bios?

Back