Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

hi thx to replay me.....

No the icon apple and the line of chargement are good and do progression but not do a re-start to the first part of configuration(i speack about for do the first initialization).... The video stay every time in this page..... and not do anithing....

And i not say what to do.... in clover configuration, in plist or other....

I has see you have my same model but is i7..... is possible to attach in one replay of me the number of clover, your p.list, you kext and you efi, using in istalltion of your system??

Thx a lot.
Ale
Hey, I don't understand your english, sorry.
I'm not at my NUC, here is my old EFI from April 2019 (doesn't contain the fix for current BIOS see post #903)

Attachments

• EFI-2019-04-26-21h27.zip
    17.1 MB · Views: 94
Ohhhh thx a lot!!

I has do all the post#903.... and is all ok....

Thx a lot.
Ale

For all people with the "Black screen after waking from sleep"-issue:

I have a potential work-around. Unplugging/Replugging the HDMI cable did not work for me, but when I switch it to the USB-C port (with an USB-C -> HDMI Adapter) it does work.

I will keep you posted on my mileage.

Hey everyone, I'm pretty new to hackintoshing so excuse me if I forget to mention something. I used the config.plist from this guide but I have one problem: I have two screens attached to my NUC8i5BEH, 1xHDMI and 1xDP (USB-C to DP Cable). Both monitors work fine once the system is booted up but in order to boot I need to disconnect one of them (doesn't matter which one), otherwise I get stuck at a black screen after the apple logo. Any help would be appreciated.

In other words..
Only HDMI: Works fine
Only USB-C: Works fine
HDMI & USB-C: Works fine after login screen

Thanks in advance :)

Edit: Disabling TB3 Controller didn't help either

Last edited:
Hey everyone, I'm pretty new to hackintoshing so excuse me if I forget to mention something. I used the config.plist from this guide but I have one problem: I have two screens attached to my NUC8i5BEH, 1xHDMI and 1xDP (USB-C to DP Cable). Both monitors work fine once the system is booted up but in order to boot I need to disconnect one of them (doesn't matter which one), otherwise I get stuck at a black screen after the apple logo. Any help would be appreciated.

In other words..
Only HDMI: Works fine
Only USB-C: Works fine
HDMI & USB-C: Works fine after login screen

Thanks in advance :)

Edit: Disabling TB3 Controller didn't help either
When Rehabman first started this thread that was a documented issue and the solution he posted was what you are doing. It is possible to change the device ID and the expected video outputs in the config.plist and maybe get both working on boot. The best tool to help with that is Hackintool which you can find on this site, may be more than you want to try to take on as its pretty much self help.

You mean I should try to patch the framebuffer? I looked into the config and both are set to DisplayPort although one is HDMI, could that be an issue?

@Leesureone Do you have two screens on your nuc?

Last edited:
You mean I should try to patch the framebuffer? I looked into the config and both are set to DisplayPort although one is HDMI, could that be an issue?
Yes, patch the frame buffer. You can also trying commenting out those port entries and see if that makes a difference.

I already commented out all of it with the same result, are you sure it could be the framebuffer? Since it works after boot. I'm new but that seems strange to me

I already commented out all of it with the same result, are you sure it could be the framebuffer? Since it works after boot. I'm new but that seems strange to me
No but it's the most likely solution. Feel free to search for other answers. I don't have that issue with two displays.

Last edited:
Back