Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

I'm curious if you replaced my EFI Folder with mine if your NUC8 will boot...we have the same hardware I believe. Also the easiest way to make a bootable USB drive is to use Unibeast and then swap out the EFI Folder with mine in post 903.

That's what I did at first (UniBeast + your EFI folder) but I couldn't get it to work. Switching to OsxAptioFixDrv let me boot past the nvram failure. I suspect the difference is in the bios version but I can't be sure.

That's what I did at first (UniBeast + your EFI folder) but I couldn't get it to work. Switching to OsxAptioFixDrv let me boot past the nvram failure. I suspect the difference is in the bios version but I can't be sure.
You are the first one to report this as far as I am aware. Did you enable "Legacy Boot" in the bios? I don't think it is a bios related issue regardless.

Hi,
Finally got my NUC7i7BNH build working.

I've been scrolling through all the previous pages but haven't found anyone suggest a working USB Bluetooth dongle for this system? I'd like to get a bluetooth keyboard working.

Dear community,

I have a post-installation issue, which I am unsure to reason with.
My Efi folder works (attached) but whenever I specify the two internal USB 2.0 headers in the EFI/Clover/ACPI/SSDT-NUC8-BC.aml for a Dongle and WiFi Stick (see picture), the ethernet and thunderbolt ports stop being detected by the operating System (Mojave 10.14). - The Dongle and WiFi Stick then work flawlessly.

However, if I do not specify the ports of the internal USB headers, while they obviously do not get recognised, the ethernet card and the thunderbolt connection are suddenly being detected again..

How can I make all ports work at the same time? It might seem that there is a solution, but I am not sure how to approach this problem.

Is there a way to only let USBInjectAll.kext to do all the ,activating' and reduce the code in SSDT-NUC8-BC.aml to handle everything else?

I am not a programmer and glad for any advice or help.

Attachments

• EFI_073119.zip
    19.3 MB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0399.JPG
    IMG_0399.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 124
  • only_ethernet_and_thunderbolt_work.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 82
  • only_Internal_headers_work.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 72
I've been very happy with my NUC7i5 on macOS 10.14.3.
Recently I've attached one of my external USB 2.0 drives, 750GB Fantom enclosure. I cannot get the NUC to sleep.
I have other USB devices plugged in... external DVD, iMic audio device. NUC sleeps/wakes fine if only those.

Any ideas?

Dear community,

I have a post-installation issue, which I am unsure to reason with.
My Efi folder works (attached) but whenever I specify the two internal USB 2.0 headers in the EFI/Clover/ACPI/SSDT-NUC8-BC.aml for a Dongle and WiFi Stick (see picture), the ethernet and thunderbolt ports stop being detected by the operating System (Mojave 10.14). - The Dongle and WiFi Stick then work flawlessly.

However, if I do not specify the ports of the internal USB headers, while they obviously do not get recognised, the ethernet card and the thunderbolt connection are suddenly being detected again..

How can I make all ports work at the same time? It might seem that there is a solution, but I am not sure how to approach this problem.

Is there a way to only let USBInjectAll.kext to do all the ,activating' and reduce the code in SSDT-NUC8-BC.aml to handle everything else?

I am not a programmer and glad for any advice or help.
So if you don't use an SSDT for your USB posts at all do they all work? They should with just USBInjectAll.kext but you will probably have issues with sleep/ wake. If that's true it would mean your SSDT needs more modification for all ports to work at the same time.

@Leesureone: thanks for your answer. Yes, if I remove the SSDT all ports work. However, the machine blacks out randomly and reboots. Such a crash can happen within the first minute or 1.5 minutes of operation. It seems these might be related to sleep/ wake issues.

I was wondering, if I just need to define more ports or do I just delete all the UIAC related lines implemented by the
SSDT-USB-NUC8-BC.dsl which are currently contained in the SSDT-NUC8-BC.aml ?

Thanks for tanking the time

So I just went ahead and deleted all the lines implemented by SSDT-USB-NUC8-BC.dsl from the compiled SSDT-NUC8-BC.aml using MaciASL.
Now all the internal end external ports are working simultaneously without crashes.
If someone is planning to use the EFI folder I posted before I recommend replacing the attached *.aml file with the current one in EFI⁩ ▸ ⁨CLOVER⁩ ▸ ⁨ACPI⁩ ▸ ⁨patched⁩

The folder is works with NUC8i7BEH and Iris Plus 655 graphics.

Attachments

• SSDT-NUC8-BC.aml
    3.1 KB · Views: 102
@Leesureone: thanks for your answer. Yes, if I remove the SSDT all ports work. However, the machine blacks out randomly and reboots. Such a crash can happen within the first minute or 1.5 minutes of operation. It seems these might be related to sleep/ wake issues.

I was wondering, if I just need to define more ports or do I just delete all the UIAC related lines implemented by the
SSDT-USB-NUC8-BC.dsl which are currently contained in the SSDT-NUC8-BC.aml ?

Thanks for tanking the time
So I just went ahead and deleted all the lines implemented by SSDT-USB-NUC8-BC.dsl from the compiled SSDT-NUC8-BC.aml using MaciASL.
Now all the internal end external ports are working simultaneously without crashes.
If someone is planning to use the EFI folder I posted before I recommend replacing the attached *.aml file with the current one in EFI⁩ ▸ ⁨CLOVER⁩ ▸ ⁨ACPI⁩ ▸ ⁨patched⁩

The folder is works with NUC8i7BEH and Iris Plus 655 graphics.
Wake/ Sleep works? USBc as well? Unless the plan is to use the internal headers changes in SSDT are not needed. Others have gone there before so they could use a header for a wifi/ bluetooth adapter and there are other versions floating around.

Fyi, the i7, i5 and i3s can all take advantage of the same SSDT or that is my understanding anyway. It's not processor specific.

Back