Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel IGPU HDMI/DP audio (all Sandy Bridge -> Kaby Lake [and likely later])

With vanilla AppleHDA.kext installed, the AppleHDA related kexts will not show in cachecache output.

I used the AppleHDA Patcher but nothing... i reinstalled the OXS to have the Vanilla AppleHDA again, Where is the Vanilla AppleHDA folder? i would like to do a backup, so i dont have to reinstall the OXS everytime i try to use this Patcher from Mirone...

Could you tell me what i did wrong again?

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 146
Last edited:
I used the AppleHDA Patcher but nothing... i reinstalled the OXS to have the Vanilla AppleHDA again, Where is the Vanilla AppleHDA folder? i would like to do a backup, so i dont have to reinstall the OXS everytime i try to use this Patcher from Mirone...

Could you tell me what i did wrong again?

You should not be using config.plist KextsToPatch for AppleHDA along with patched AppleHDA.
Those patches are only for using "dummyHDA".. (aka AppleHDA injector kext).

You should not be using config.plist KextsToPatch for AppleHDA along with patched AppleHDA.
Those patches are only for using "dummyHDA".. (aka AppleHDA injector kext).
I removed the KextToPatch in the config.plist and the problem resides there... no audio...
Could you help me see what else do i have done wrong?

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 158
I removed the KextToPatch in the config.plist and the problem resides there... no audio...
Could you help me see what else do i have done wrong?

Probably the set of XML files you used for AppleHDA patching do not match your codec.
There are many flavors of ALC269...
Or you're injecting the wrong layout-id.
Also, you will probably need CodecCommander.kext.

Probably the set of XML files you used for AppleHDA patching do not match your codec.
There are many flavors of ALC269...

How can i know wich one do i need?

Or you're injecting the wrong layout-id.

How can i know wich one is mine? (I followed the guide but not sure if i got it right...)

Also, you will probably need CodecCommander.kext.

the CodecCommander.kext, i just need to install as any other kext? for example kextwizard?

How can i know wich one do i need?

How can i know wich one is mine?

the CodecCommander.kext, i just need to install as any other kext? for example kextwizard?

Your posts here regarding onboard audio are off-topic.
This thread is for HDMI audio only.
Open a separate thread.

Ok i have fixed HDMI audio but i still get the reboot when cable connected when booting. I know i havnt patched my framebuffer but thats what im asking. Can you suggest which patch i could try please?

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    3.4 KB · Views: 113
  • Shane’s MacBook Pro.zip
    800.9 KB · Views: 108
Ok i have fixed HDMI audio but i still get the reboot when cable connected when booting. I know i havnt patched my framebuffer but thats what im asking. Can you suggest which patch i could try please?

You did not patch the framebuffer to change connector-type to HDMI.
Unless your laptop actually has a DP port, then that is not correct....

You did not patch the framebuffer to change connector-type to HDMI.
Unless your laptop actually has a DP port, then that is not correct....

Im unsure which patch i need to apply to the framebuffer
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>Comment</key>
    <string>0x0a260006 disable 0204 port, change 0105 DP port to 0204 HDMI (RehabMan)</string>
    <key>Disabled</key>
    <false/>
    <key>Find</key>
    <data>AQUJAAAEAACHAAAAAgQJAAAEAACHAAAA</data>
    <key>Name</key>
    <string>AppleIntelFramebufferAzul</string>
    <key>Replace</key>
    <data>AgQJAAAIAACHAAAA/wAAAAEAAABAAAAA</data>
</dict>
</plist>
I have the above in my config to stop the lag at bootup which is what is confusing me as my HDMI is on FB@1 which is 0105 yeah? So the above patch changes 0105 to 0204? So i would need to patch for 0204?
Would this possibly resolve the HDMI boot fail?

Im unsure which patch i need to apply to the framebuffer

Read post #1.
You first need to know which connector your HDMI port is attached to.
Then choose the appropriate patch already present in the provided plists (from my Clover guide).

Back