Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel IGPU HDMI/DP audio (all Sandy Bridge -> Kaby Lake [and likely later])

There is no 0105 port in HD3000. The three possible are 0205, 0304, 0406 (see config.plist KextsToPatch).

Thanks! It is now working great with the 0205 patch applied. However, I am running into one issue. It appears to be defaulting to the HDMI display whenever I boot the laptop, even when there is not HDMI cable connected. So I am stuck with a black screen on the laptops internal display until I plug in the external display.

I think I fixed it. I was still injecting intelgfx in my config.plist via clover and still had AddHDMI & UseIntelHDMI checked.

Edit: scratch that. now I'm getting output on HDMI only.....

Edit: I think I'm good now. Super-strange issue. Somehow my brightness for the intel display got turned all the way down! I removed AddHDMI, & UseIntelHDMI in Clover Configurator, and left "InjectIntel" checked in graphics.

Thanks so much for your patience and assistance.

Last edited:
RehabMan,

I finally got my DP cable for my laptop to test DP output. I realized that I'm having some issues. I followed this guide to get DP audio working. I updated my DSDT for hda-gfx which solved that issue. I don't believe I need any framebuffer patches because I'm using a DP port (even though I'm using a DP to HDMI adapter).

The issues I have are:
  • When I plug in the DP adapter, it logs me out. Not sure why.
  • When I unplug the connector, I get a black screen on my internal display. To get it back, I have to plug it back in.
Have you heard of these issues?

Thanks,
Cobra2168

RehabMan,

I finally got my DP cable for my laptop to test DP output. I realized that I'm having some issues. I followed this guide to get DP audio working. I updated my DSDT for hda-gfx which solved that issue. I don't believe I need any framebuffer patches because I'm using a DP port (even though I'm using a DP to HDMI adapter).

The issues I have are:
  • When I plug in the DP adapter, it logs me out. Not sure why.
  • When I unplug the connector, I get a black screen on my internal display. To get it back, I have to plug it back in.
Have you heard of these issues?

Thanks,
Cobra2168

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

See attached. My display is connected to Framebuffer@1 when I plug in my DP to HDMI connector.

You should try the "(12)" patch variants, but keep the connector-type at 00 04 00 00.

You should try the "(12)" patch variants, but keep the connector-type at 00 04 00 00.
I did, but that didn't seem to do anything.

Just to confirm, I want 0105 for the 0x0a260006 since that is my device? Just 1 patch at a time, correct? Then change the "replace" to 00 04 00 00?

Just to confirm, I want 0105 for the 0x0a260006 since that is my device?

Assuming framebuffer@1, yes. You did not provide an ioreg with a monitor connected, so only you can know.

Also, you deleted the ACPI/origin, so it is not possible to compare patched ACPI files from native.

Just 1 patch at a time, correct? Then change the "replace" to 00 04 00 00?

Yes.

Assuming framebuffer@1, yes. You did not provide an ioreg with a monitor connected, so only you can know.

Also, you deleted the ACPI/origin, so it is not possible to compare patched ACPI files from native.

Yes.
Here is a new zip with origin folder included as well as a new ioreg with the DP to HDMI display attached. Currently no framebuffer patches are active.

EDIT: Here's something interesting. I'm using HiDPI settings for the internal display for 1600x900 HiDPI mode. I need to use RDM.app to select that resolution.

If I switch to the native resolution (1920x1080), the hotplug issues go away completely. Am I gong to have to forgo the HiDPI resolutions?

Last edited:
Here is a new zip with origin folder included as well as a new ioreg with the DP to HDMI display attached. Currently no framebuffer patches are active.

EDIT: Here's something interesting. I'm using HiDPI settings for the internal display for 1600x900 HiDPI mode. I need to use RDM.app to select that resolution.

If I switch to the native resolution (1920x1080), the hotplug issues go away completely. Am I gong to have to forgo the HiDPI resolutions?

It shows digital audio working.
Probably you should stick with native resolution. The HiDPI stuff is a bit of a hack.

Back