Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel IGPU HDMI/DP audio (all Sandy Bridge -> Kaby Lake [and likely later])

Sorry, there is a 0 on the keyboard, I know 0x0a16000 is wrong. . Now I found out that the problem is that when you sleep a little longer, you won't be able to wake up whether you use that patch or not.

What do you mean by "little longer"?
What do you mean by "that patch"?
What do you mean by "won't be able to wake up"?

Also, your post here (regarding sleep issues), seems completely off-topic.
This thread is titled: "[Guide] Intel IGPU HDMI/DP audio (Sandy/Ivy/Haswell/Broadwell/Skylake)".
If your problem is not related to IGPU digital audio, please open a separate thread.

What do you mean by "little longer"?
What do you mean by "that patch"?
What do you mean by "won't be able to wake up"?

Also, your post here (regarding sleep issues), seems completely off-topic.
This thread is titled: "[Guide] Intel IGPU HDMI/DP audio (Sandy/Ivy/Haswell/Broadwell/Skylake)".
If your problem is not related to IGPU digital audio, please open a separate thread.
That is not a valid ig-platform-id.
Refer to the guide for correct plists:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/
I was testing 0x0A16000 and couldn't wake up from sleep. When using 0x0a260006, I can wake up from sleep in about 40 minutes. I can wake up from sleep occasionally for more than 40 minutes. I can't wake up the screen occasionally, that is, the screen is black. There is another way I found that the patch AppleIntelFramebufferAzul can determine the state of my switch and reboot. Because I restarted the computer from windows, I heard a squeaky voice, but unfortunately I forgot the patch I used.

I was testing 0x0A16000 and couldn't wake up from sleep. When using 0x0a260006, I can wake up from sleep in about 40 minutes. I can wake up from sleep occasionally for more than 40 minutes. I can't wake up the screen occasionally, that is, the screen is black. There is another way I found that the patch AppleIntelFramebufferAzul can determine the state of my switch and reboot. Because I restarted the computer from windows, I heard a squeaky voice, but unfortunately I forgot the patch I used.

0x0a16000 is invalid.

Hi RehabMan. I noticed my laptop is crashing when I plug in HDMI to displays without audio. I went through the "check your work" section but I couldn't find what I am doing wrong. My HDMI is at AppleIntelFramebuffer@2. Kextcache runs through fine other log attached in the screenshot.

Attachments

• flex15.ioreg.zip
    627.1 KB · Views: 127
  • flex15CLOVER.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 146
  • Screen Shot 2018-07-04 at 16.48.02.png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-04 at 16.48.02.png
    94.5 KB · Views: 167
Hi RehabMan. I noticed my laptop is crashing when I plug in HDMI to displays without audio. I went through the "check your work" section but I couldn't find what I am doing wrong. My HDMI is at AppleIntelFramebuffer@2. Kextcache runs through fine other log attached in the screenshot.

Your profile has no laptop hardware details.
Please fix as per FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

No need to inject "hda-gfx" on HDEF with the hardare indicated in your ioreg.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

I used the install_tools.sh (hope this is the right one) and updated my signature. Do you need anything else?

Attachments

• debug_4585.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 139
I used the install_tools.sh (hope this is the right one) and updated my signature. Do you need anything else?

As per FAQ, your laptop hardware details should be placed in your profile, not signature.
It allows you to add screen resolution (which is important).
Put laptop details in profile, desktop details in signature.

You should try the (12) variant HDMI audio patches.

Thank you the (12) variant did solve my issue. I will change my profile!

I've tried following this guide and when I do, my Bluetooth on my broadcom wificard and my camera are no longer recognized. That, and when I plug an HDMI cable to my TV, my laptop goes black .If I try booting with HDMI plugged in, I can't complete boot and it gives me kp. I am using Intel HD 4400(system in my profile) .

One thing I noticed is that my built in display(nvidia 840m )is still showing under displays when I get a system report .Could this be part of the issue ?

I've tried following this guide and when I do, my Bluetooth on my broadcom wificard and my camera are no longer recognized. That, and when I plug an HDMI cable to my TV, my laptop goes black .If I try booting with HDMI plugged in, I can't complete boot and it gives me kp. I am using Intel HD 4400(system in my profile) .

One thing I noticed is that my built in display(nvidia 840m )is still showing under displays when I get a system report .Could this be part of the issue ?

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Back