Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel IGPU HDMI/DP audio (all Sandy Bridge -> Kaby Lake [and likely later])

After patching framebuffer (Skylake HD530, laptop), I have got working HDMI Audio, but my laptop display doesn't work. I can only use HDMI port.

Dear RehabMan,
I tried this thread. The display's SPK was showed in the sound pref, but the SPK has no sound out! I plus a headphone , no sound out yet!
I do the things as following:
step1: I first inject AudioID 3 and use<key>UseIntelHDMI</key> <true/> , and rename HDAS->HDEF, GFX0->IGPU, HECI->HEMI, SAT0->SATA in my config.plst
step2:restart
step3:checked had-gfx in HDEF and IGPU ok, and layout-id 0x03 00 00 00 (OK)
step4:installed the ALC-892 and optional HD530 using MeastBeast 9.0.1 (OK)
step5:checked system info , the Audio shows "DisplayPort" in devices, and "HDMI / DisplayPort output " in "Intel High Definition Audio"
step6:checked Sound Preference->output, shows Q2477W1 @DisplayPort

Then I visited the www.apple.com , watched the design video of Mac, the screen of video was black and no sound!

Would you please help me fix it?

The Ioreg out and terminal out are attached !
The system info and sound Pre capture images are attached!

Mobo: GA-B250M-D3H @ ALC892 onboard audio
CPU: I5 7500 @3400MHz @ HD630 GT2
DDR: 8Gx2 @2400
Display: AoC Q2477W1 with Audio. @ HDMI DP DVI D-sub

After patching framebuffer (Skylake HD530, laptop), I have got working HDMI Audio, but my laptop display doesn't work. I can only use HDMI port.

IOReg, terminal and clover attached.

Attachments

• ZIPS.zip
    7.8 MB · Views: 106
IOReg, terminal and clover attached.

You're using config.plist/Devices/Arbitrary to inject some properties.

While that is fine, you should be aware that Devices/Arbitrary disables whatever injections you were doing with config.plist/Graphics/Inject.

As a result, you're not injecting ig-platform-id, so you get the default ig-platform-id (as selected by the framebuffer kext), which is 0x19120000. 0x19120000 does not have an LVDS connector... so your internal screen does not work.

You need to either inject the HDA properties in a different way (eg. _DSM methods in ACPI) or inject the other graphics properties, such as ig-platform-id with Devices/Arbitrary.

Sorry! Zip of all is attached!

Is your monitor connected with DP?
Because your ioreg shows the framebuffer connector <00 04 00 00>, which is DP, not HDMI...
And your config.plist seems to have a patch for HDMI, but it is for the 0105 connector. Your display is connected to the 0306 connector.

Are you using Safari?
Did you try other browsers?

Other than that, your ioreg shows everything as expected.
Note: I would not use "UseIntelHDMI"...

Is your monitor connected with DP?
Because your ioreg shows the framebuffer connector <00 04 00 00>, which is DP, not HDMI...
And your config.plist seems to have a patch for HDMI, but it is for the 0105 connector. Your display is connected to the 0306 connector.

Are you using Safari?
Did you try other browsers?

Other than that, your ioreg shows everything as expected.
Note: I would not use "UseIntelHDMI"...
I really use DP, the patch is for hdmi sometimes.
I checked by playing video game, also no sound.

SSDT Patch ? Maybe I should have a try.
Is the AppleHDA patch in config right? That was injected by multibeast.

I really use DP, the patch is for hdmi sometimes.

No idea what you mean.
The patch you use should match the physical connector your laptop has.

I checked by playing video game, also no sound.

Did you select the correct output in SysPrefs->Sound?
Did you have the volume on the device high enough to hear?
Otherwise, no ideas for you.

Back