Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel IGPU HDMI/DP audio (all Sandy Bridge -> Kaby Lake [and likely later])

Problems:
- "hda-gfx" not injected at all (must be on HDAU and IGPU)
- framebuffer connector not patched for HDMI
- you're using a very strange ig-platform-id (0x0d220003 is usually for desktops)

Yes, I tried all the other ig-platform-id values, and that's the only one which would allow the laptop to boot all the way to the desktop.
Problems:
- "hda-gfx" not injected at all (must be on HDAU and IGPU)
- framebuffer connector not patched for HDMI
- you're using a very strange ig-platform-id (0x0d220003 is usually for desktops)

Thanks for your help! I injected "hda-gfx" and presto, it's working now. And yes, strange, that's the only ig-platform-id that worked!

Thanks again for this awesome guide. It worked for me using 4 different laptops (Ivy Bridge, Haswell, Broadwell and Skylake).

I also made a patch for ig-platform-id 0x19160000 for port 204:

Name:
AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer

Find:
02040A00 00040000 87010000

Replace:
02040A00 00080000 87010000

It works perfectly fine on my Skylake Laptop using ig-platform-id 0x19160000. Maybe you can add it to the HD520 config.plist from your repo. :lol:

Thanks again for this awesome guide. It worked for me using 4 different laptops (Ivy Bridge, Haswell, Broadwell and Skylake).

I also made a patch for ig-platform-id 0x19160000 for port 204:

Name:
AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer

Find:
02040A00 00040000 87010000

Replace:
02040A00 00080000 87010000

It works perfectly fine on my Skylake Laptop using ig-platform-id 0x19160000. Maybe you can add it to the HD520 config.plist from your repo. :lol:

Eventually I'll get around to adding patches for HDMI audo for Skylake to the plists.
Was waiting for the kext churn to stop a bit...

Once you know what to look for, you can see the patches are very easy to construct.

Hi Rehab.
I tried for days to decipher Your guide, but nothing. The topic is too complex and the language does not helps me (coming I told you, I'm Italian). I tried to insert the voice "IMEI" in Clover configurator (in the "Device" menù, "fake id" voice), but still Have bootlooper when I turn off the computer monitor when computer is on. I assume that the problem is the HDMI port. I am attaching the file to IOREG and Clover folder. (I can not even an follow guidance to implement the CPU Power and Driver last update nwme Sierra update, as you said me). May I hope you clear my head, thanks in advance

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 91
  • iMac di Gabriox.zip
    575.5 KB · Views: 92
Hi Rehab.
I tried for days to decipher Your guide, but nothing. The topic is too complex and the language does not helps me (coming I told you, I'm Italian). I tried to insert the voice "IMEI" in Clover configurator (in the "Device" menù, "fake id" voice), but still Have bootlooper when I turn off the computer monitor when computer is on. I assume that the problem is the HDMI port. I am attaching the file to IOREG and Clover folder. (I can not even an follow guidance to implement the CPU Power and Driver last update nwme Sierra update, as you said me). May I hope you clear my head, thanks in advance

Which laptop do you have?
There is no laptop hardware details in your profile.
iMac14,2 (as shown in ioreg) is a strange choice for a laptop.
If the monitor connected at framebuffer@2 is connected via HDMI, several things wrong:
- connector-type is not patched for HDMI (still shows DP)
- "hda-gfx" not injected on HDEF
- GFX0 should be renamed IGPU
- HECI should be renamed IMEI

I did't have a laptop. You had said me to view laptop guide because is the same (in the post of hd530 patch). I don't understand how patch hdmi connector, how inject hdef and how rename gfx and haci.

I did't have a laptop. You had said me to view laptop guide because is the same (in the post of hd530 patch). I don't understand how patch hdmi connector, how inject hdef and how rename gfx and haci.

This guide can be applied to desktops as well as laptops, but you will need to read up on ACPI patching/etc.
It is covered in post #1.

Basics of ACPI patching here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/
Patching the framebuffer can be better understood if you do some research on the ig-platform-id data.
I don't think I want to support desktops here. There are other guides for desktops (by toleda) in the appropriate desktop forums.

Summarize:
1 Patch framebuffer from your guide link
2 read toleda guide for hdmi in desktop for:
3 Implement CPU and USB (you said me this time ago)
Right?
I hope to didn't go off topic

Summarize:
1 Patch framebuffer from your guide link
2 read toleda guide for hdmi in desktop for:
3 Implement CPU and USB (you said me this time ago)
Right?
I hope to didn't go off topic

The toleda guide also has information regarding patching the connector-type (in ig-platform data).
You will need to understand how to find such data in order to construct a patch for the data that represents the connector in use in your system.
I'm waiting at least another version of 10.12 before adding any patches in my plist examples for Skylake...
Renames are easy with config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches (binary search/replace... you are already using one to rename HDAS->HDEF).
There are various ways to inject "hda-gfx". I tend to use add-on SSDTs (especially for desktops). I think toleda's guide does too (although they are slightly different than my technique).

CPU and USB are not related to HDMI audio.

Back