Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Framebuffer patching using WhateverGreen

I see that added fake id ability.Thanks for all nice work.
Can I use this fake id ability on Haswell?
Edit: Can I use this kext with default fake id from clover?

So I decided to give this a shot in order to load up the Mojave Beta 4 on an external drive on my Hack. I did make it through the installer by selecting the only 3-connector Desktop Coffee Lake ig-platform-id and it's showing up in About This Mac as the Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536MB, however I'm getting all kinds of weird flashing and artifacts on the screen (connected to the on-board DisplayPort port). It also looks like all the shader-based semi-transparent areas are just flat gray (AKA not working). Are there other patches that I need in order to make this work properly?

Are there other patches that I need in order to make this work properly?

Do you know what your DVMT-prealloc is for your system?

Can I use this fake id ability on Haswell?

WhateverGreen will only allow you to fake Kaby Lake on Coffee Lake. It is not recommended though.

Do you know what your DVMT-prealloc is for your system?
That’s the value set in the BIOS, right? According to my BIOS it’s 128MB. Should it be set to something else (it seems it can go as low as 32MB and as high as 1024MB)? Should the DVMT Total Graphics RAM be set to MAX?

@headkaze,

In your frame buffer dumps I see references to Camelia either "Disabled" or "V3". What is Camelia exactly?

Any with regards to the 4K/5K flags in the framebuffers any of them are able to eliminate the maximum pixel clock patch currently done by WhateverGreen.kext for QHD+ displays?

@headkaze,

In your frame buffer dumps I see references to Camelia either "Disabled" or "V3". What is Camelia exactly?

Any with regards to the 4K/5K flags in the framebuffers any of them are able to eliminate the maximum pixel clock patch currently done by WhateverGreen.kext for QHD+ displays?

I don't know what it is. vit9696 reversed the framebuffer data and has documented it in his IntelFramebuffer.bt file. So he would be the best person to ask.

You can disable CDF patch using -cdfoff boot flag.

EDIT: The latest WhateverGreen disables CDF patch by default. Now you must add -cdfon boot-arg or enable-hdmi20 IGPU entry in Devices/Properties

Last edited:
You don't need a patch for that then. You could try adding "disable-external-gpu".
I was wondering if this has to do with my GeForce GTX 1080 still being IN my system (though I wouldn’t think so). I did try disabling my Set PEGP to GFX0 patch in Clover in case that was interfering but it didn’t seem to fix the issue. I’ll try the “disable-external-gpu” patch.

Back