Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing Snow Leopard (GA-P67A-D3-B3 + GTX 460)

Status
Not open for further replies.
chuck666 said:
Smart Guy.

Fixed what ever I was doing wrong. Thank you.
I changed the key to 3 from 1 and was able to boot. But, had wrong resolution. Removed all the added lines dealing with "BootUID" and the system then booted and I had full resolution with a gtx 260 card. Wonderful.

Dual booting with Chimera 1.6.0

Issues unsolved:

Logitech 910 webcam won't start. But work in Win7 on the same USB port.
HP 1020 printer that shows on the USB connections but cannot add as a printer.
Aver Duet TV card that works in Win7
Aver Capture card that works in Win7
MutliBeast will not run rebuild cashes?

Looking for suggestions to above???

Thanks in advance.

I'm glad to see that you got your Hackintosh to boot properly! :D

As far as I know, most "extra" peripherals, such as TV tuners, don't work very well in Hackintoshes. However, I'm not really familiar with the matter.

If Multibeast won't rebuild caches, try using Kext Utility instead (you can install Kext Utility with Multibeast; I think the option is located under the OSx86 Software section).

TheSmartGuy said:
anitarema said:
Hello Everybody,

I´ve been trying to run Hackintosh on this MOBO for weeks.

I can succesfully install Snow Leopard. But when I try to upgrade to 10.6.7 the system crashes, first finder, and then the whole thing. Sometime, it takes a couple of minutes before crashing.. but it crashes.

And I can´t boot directly from the snow leopard (the 10.6.0). Not with the IBoot extra folder method nor with the dsdt...(I tried every combination of -x -f and method)

When I can, i´ll post the message when it stucks (it varies with every method tried).

If anybody has any idea of what could be happening, i´ll really apreciate it, thanks!!

I'm not familiar with your issue. Try updating your BIOS to version F3 or F4 (which are available for download here). I'm pretty sure you can use these downloads to update your BIOS straight from Windows, though I haven't tried myself.

Once you've updated the BIOS, reinstall OS X and run UserDSDT with the motherboard's DSDT. I'm not sure whether this will fix your problem, but I personally suspect that that reason I had so many problems with installing OS X was because I had the wrong BIOS version.

Thank you very much for your reply!

The Bios Version is F3, ¿Would it help if it was the F4?

¿Besides that could the sata port thing be the cause of this?

When I can get any progress I´ll post it here,

thank you again!

¿Could it be an issue with the GPU, even if I boot in -x mode?
It´s an Ati Radeon HD 5770.

anitarema said:
Thank you very much for your reply!

The Bios Version is F3, ¿Would it help if it was the F4?

¿Besides that could the sata port thing be the cause of this?

When I can get any progress I´ll post it here,

thank you again!

Like I said, I'm not really familiar with your problem, so I don't know what's causing it. My suggestion to update your BIOS was just a guess.

I followed the steps up to step 7.And I am having the same issue as timmat. I can't boot ,it basically loads infinetly.I noticed that during my installation preboot.dmg was located in extra and not in the root of iboot,if I boot with the iBoot disk although I can get into Mac.

Thanks!

UPDATE: I installed the pkg from anitaremas post.Now time to fix the audio and video :D

Hey guys, I recently updated to the F4 BIOS for my P67A-D3-B3 (I was previously running F1), and UserDSDT actually seems to work now. So you probably don't have to follow my iBoot+Chimera workaround; just update to the right BIOS version and run UserDSDT. To update your BIOS, download the BIOS update from here, put the downloaded file on a USB drive, reboot and open your BIOS, and run QFlash with your USB drive plugged in.

Hello,

I am also having the same issue as timmat, I can't boot. I used this method, regular method with DSDT and I even intalled pkg from anitaremas post but nothing helps.
Can you help me to solve this?

Hi you all.

I'm having some trouble with my SL installation when I try to do the following at step 6:
"Open up a new Finder window (right-click on the Finder icon and choose "New Finder Window"), and go to the main hard drive. Copy the files "mach_kernel" and "smbios.plist" from the "Extra" folder in Preboot.dmg into the main hard drive. Overwrite any files necessary"

The system won't let me copy the files into the hdd root, the pop up says it's an invisible file and I can't overwrite it.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back