Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing Snow Leopard (GA-P67A-D3-B3 + GTX 460)

Status
Not open for further replies.
daraio said:
Hi you all.

I'm having some trouble with my SL installation when I try to do the following at step 6:
"Open up a new Finder window (right-click on the Finder icon and choose "New Finder Window"), and go to the main hard drive. Copy the files "mach_kernel" and "smbios.plist" from the "Extra" folder in Preboot.dmg into the main hard drive. Overwrite any files necessary"

The system won't let me copy the files into the hdd root, the pop up says it's an invisible file and I can't overwrite it.

Thanks in advance.

Delete the invisible file that you're trying to overwrite, then copy the new file into there.

TheSmartGuy said:
daraio said:
Hi you all.

I'm having some trouble with my SL installation when I try to do the following at step 6:
"Open up a new Finder window (right-click on the Finder icon and choose "New Finder Window"), and go to the main hard drive. Copy the files "mach_kernel" and "smbios.plist" from the "Extra" folder in Preboot.dmg into the main hard drive. Overwrite any files necessary"

The system won't let me copy the files into the hdd root, the pop up says it's an invisible file and I can't overwrite it.

Thanks in advance.

Delete the invisible file that you're trying to overwrite, then copy the new file into there.

Thanks. I tried it but didn't work! Instead I installed Lion from scratch using a mix between the guide (specially the step 5 about MultiBeast) in your blog and the UniBeast guide.
You can find my post here

Thanks for your help.

Keep up the good work!

Snow Lepoard Install Problem
Trying to install SL 10.6 for nearly three days on GA-P67A-D3-B3

When the Grey Apple Screen appears ...
No swirling timer, no DVD activity ... NOTHING!

Just upgraded to bios F4.
Loaded optimzed defaults, AHCI, HPET, Boot device ...
But after iBoot, Snow Leopard 10.6 disc, f5 ..
nothing happnens after the grey apple screen!

Used three different hard-drives, with fat32, ntfs, hfs, hfs+
Three different graphics cards
PIDRootUID=1 etc...
SL 10.5 & 10.6 disks...
STILL STUCK!!

Any ideas??

Any chance of a "re-check" of the section "Getting the sound and internet to work".

The image "Choose the following configuration:" is not displaying!

Thanks, Cartagena

Hello folks, another Noob struggling big time. Unforunately I have built my custo mac using the hardware specified on this web site with the intention of using my mackbook to buy Mountain Lion (unfortunately it's too old to download mountain lion). After briefly flirting with various non legal downloads (with the intention of post processing buying Mountain Lion) I have decided to go down the Snow Leapord root.

I finding now, having 2 X 8Gb cards that I currently can't achieve the 4Gb ram minimum.... Is this a show stopper? Currently hanging at the apple logo screen when trying iboot SL method. My Spec is:

MotherBoard GA-Z77X-UP5-TH
Graphics Card GeForce GTX 680
Processor Intel Core i7-3770K
Boot Drive SanDisk Extreme ( SATA 6Gb/s) 120GB SSD
Storage Drive Seagate 3TB Barracuda Drive
Memory Corsair CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10 Vengenace 16GB 1600MHz CL10 DDR3
Power Supply Corsair 650watt
Wifi TL-WDN4800
Case Corsair Carbide 500R

MotherBoard GA-Z77X-UP5-TH
Graphics Card GeForce GTX 680
Processor Intel Core i7-3770K
Boot Drive SanDisk Extreme ( SATA 6Gb/s) 120GB SSD
Storage Drive Seagate 3TB Barracuda Drive
Memory Corsair CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10 Vengenace 16GB 1600MHz CL10 DDR3
Power Supply Corsair 650watt
Wifi TL-WDN4800
Case Corsair Carbide 500R

Hey Guys, stuck at it and now flying! well boot time from SSD is surprisingly slow (20s) but flying apart from that !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back