Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing 10.11 HP Elite 8000, 8200, 8300/DEPRECATED See HP 8300 Guides Instead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Managed to get working but after updating to 2018 security patch it kp at boot. If I boot from usb into the hard disk it works but can’t get it to boot normally again. Any idea?
The usual cause of a boot KP after an upgrade is a failure to update the Lilu.kext.
Boot in verbose mode and post a picture of the screen when it stops.

The usual cause of a boot KP after an upgrade is a failure to update the Lilu.kext.
Boot in verbose mode and post a picture of the screen when it stops.

Looking in my kexts I don’t even have that lilu.kext. Do you have to have one installed

Looking in my kexts I don’t even have that lilu.kext. Do you have to have one installed
I said that it was the usual cause, if you don't have it then obviously that is not the case for you.

I said that it was the usual cause, if you don't have it then obviously that is not the case for you.

Yeah sure thanks for the suggestion. It’s odd boots fine to hard drive from the usb just don’t understand why it’s kping

Yeah sure thanks for the suggestion. It’s odd boots fine to hard drive from the usb just don’t understand why it’s kping
Read the screen - It usually tells you.
If you want help then boot in verbose mode and post a picture showing the KP.

Read the screen - It usually tells you.
If you want help then boot in verbose mode and post a picture showing the KP.

Will do thanks re installing so will post after round two

Hi everybody,i have an HP 6000 SFF (which is the same of HP 8000 SFF) with a Zotac GT 710 with Sierra 10.12.5, is It possible to upgrade to High Sierra from AppStore? Thank you!!

Hi everybody,i have an HP 6000 SFF (which is the same of HP 8000 SFF) with a Zotac GT 710 with Sierra 10.12.5, is It possible to upgrade to High Sierra from AppStore? Thank you!!
If Sierra works then it's likely that High Sierra will work on your system. Upgrading through the App store may not be the best way though. Make a bootable clone of your Sierra install first. Then create a High Sierra Unibeast installer and install it that way.
You don't format the drive Sierra is on. Install as an in place upgrade. Then update your APFS.efi, FakeSMC and Clover Bootloader to the newest versions.

If Sierra works then it's likely that High Sierra will work on your system. Upgrading through the App store may not be the best way though. Make a bootable clone of your Sierra install first. Then create a High Sierra Unibeast installer and install it that way.
You don't format the drive Sierra is on. Install as an in place upgrade. Then update your APFS.efi, FakeSMC and Clover Bootloader to the newest versions.
Thank you! But why isn't the best way ti update with AppStore? Sorry but that's my first hackintosh

Thank you! But why isn't the best way ti update with AppStore? Sorry but that's my first hackintosh
It might work. I haven't tried that with my 8000 SFF as I've sold it as a Windows 10 PC. It's generally safer to do it with a Unibeast drive as it gives you more control over the process. It works much better to update via the App Store when you have a newer UEFI system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back