Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install High Sierra on the HP 8300 Elite / 6300 Pro Desktop PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the GTX 1050 Ti and it's coming up in the system information as metal capable... will I still have to wait for the web drivers?

View attachment 354677
Thx.

Yes, you still need to wait for Nvidia web drivers before updating to Mojave.

Reactions: PDE
I have the GTX 1050 Ti and it's coming up in the system information as metal capable... will I still have to wait for the web drivers?
Thx.
Yes, you still need to wait. The current Nvidia drivers support Metal but not the Metal 2 API required for Mojave. I don't think all of the Adobe apps are all optimized for Mojave yet either so just stay with High Sierra.

Yes, you still need to wait. The current Nvidia drivers support Metal but not the Metal 2 API required for Mojave. I don't think all of the Adobe apps are all optimized for Mojave yet either so just stay with High Sierra.

Thanks for the info. I actually still haven't made the jump to High Sierra, so I'm still on 10.12.6

I wonder if I'll still be able to directly upgrade...

Thanks again.

Thanks for the info. I actually still haven't made the jump to High Sierra, so I'm still on 10.12.6

I wonder if I'll still be able to directly upgrade...

Thanks again.
I have the same question. We will be able to upgrade from Sierra straight up to Mojave? Or will we have to upgrade to High Sierra first?

I have the same question. We will be able to upgrade from Sierra straight up to Mojave? Or will we have to upgrade to High Sierra first?
It's better to be on 10.13.6 but not mandatory as far as I know. Give it a try and see. Always make a bootable clone of your current system drive first before doing anything. Update Clover and your kexts to the newest versions too.

Here's the official requirements that Apple posts on their site. If you have HD4000 graphics or a compatible Nvidia or AMD card and use at least iMac 13,2 sysdef then you're good to go. The GTX 1050 or 1050 Ti do not have the required Mojave drivers yet.

Check compatibility
You can upgrade to macOS Mojave from OS X Mountain Lion or later on any of the following Mac models. Your Mac also needs at least 2GB of memory and 12.5GB of available storage space, or up to 18.5GB of storage space when upgrading from OS X Yosemite or earlier.

MacBook Air introduced in mid 2012 or later
MacBook Pro introduced in mid 2012 or later
Mac mini introduced in late 2012 or later
iMac introduced in late 2012 or later

Last edited:
Check your versions of lilu , applealc kexts,
the latest (v1.2.7, v1.3.2) worked for me on a clean install using KextBeast into Library/Extensions.
I think location might be important, in part because I think Clover Config puts them in /EFI/Clover/Kext/Other on the EFI partition and the recommendation? is they go in /L/E.

Check you dont have them in both locations

not sure if duplicity effects function but it will make it easier to troubleshoot.

Make a note of your sip settings,

I think the kexts will need permissions to run but don't know what they should be - I think mine are as loose as they can be but such a low level of security may (probably) not be necessary. ie My Clover
RT Variables--BooterConfig = 0x28, and CSRActiveConfig = 0x67

Otherwise the old faves of rebuilding the caches and rebooting a few times - the mac equivalent of wd40.

Awesome - worked perfect, thanks for the tip!

Has anyone attempted a Mojave upgrade to this installation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back