Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install Catalina on the Dell Optiplex 7010 and 9010 Desktop PC

At the Clover boot menu press the F11 key to clear caches as there may still be stuff hanging around from your Mojave install that you had before. Also look in /Library/Extensions folder to make sure there are no hackintosh kexts there.
tried F11, and no extra files in library. Same issues. This is a clean install on a neww ssd.

Clover hotkey F11 clear the NVRAM, not the caches
Thanks. Clearing caches would require terminal use. Or is there an F key for that too ?

Thanks. Clearing caches would require terminal use. Or is there an F key for that too ?

I don't think so

maybe can try boot in single-user mode, run kextcache command

Same issues. This is a clean install on a neww ssd.
Do you have any compelling reasons to install/use Catalina? If not, please use Mojave, we know that for sure will work for you and has full support for a long time yet. Security is just about as good as Catalina and you can still run 32 bit apps. I'm still primarily on Mojave on my Dell 9020 MT and it's a very smooth experience other than wake from sleep not working when my AMD RX 570 is installed.

The reason I posted this Catalina guide before the OS is at 10.15.5 is for people that must be on Catalina for coding. They need the latest greatest version of Xcode for their livelihood. I haven't had the time to work out all the fine details and fine tuning of Catalina as of today.

Do you have any compelling reasons to install/use Catalina? If not, please use Mojave, we know that for sure will work for you and has full support for a long time yet. Security is just about as good as Catalina and you can still run 32 bit apps. I'm still primarily on Mojave on my Dell 9020 MT and it's a very smooth experience other than wake from sleep not working when my AMD RX 570 is installed.

The reason I posted this Catalina guide before the OS is at 10.15.5 is for people that must be on Catalina for coding. They need the latest greatest version of Xcode for their livelihood. I haven't had the time to work out all the fine details and fine tuning of Catalina as of today.
Wiil do. Thanks for all your work and help.

Here's an interesting video from Phil's Computer Lab about how to perform upgrades on the 7010/9010 SFF model. Note that none of the Nvidia Graphics card upgrades he shows will work with Mojave or Catalina.

Hello everyone, thank you very much !! I succeeded with 3 attempts, the sound did not work but corrected from 3 times) =. Now everything is fine just the sound does not work with hdmi. I have a displayport to hdmi adapter. Any suggestions?
Update : Everything turned out to be easy and stupid. It was necessary to connect the cable to the second displayport.) == Hello everyone from Russia

Last edited:
Could you recommend the best gfx card for the DT case with stock psu for Catalina.

Using a GT710 currently on High Sierra and looking to upgrade. Thanks.

Back