Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install 10.11 on Asus X555L Laptop with Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elaborate please. Are you asking me to provide files so you can see what I'm doing wrong or I need to provide files in order to patch those SSDT files(I apologize for not understanding I'm somewhat of a nooby)? And if you're asking me to provide you, should I send all of my SSDT Files & my configure.plist?

UPDATE: I have thrown in the towel! I have read this guide so much that I know it verbatim yet the end result was no success, countless times. RehabMan Thanks for your efforts.

Last edited:
Elaborate please. Are you asking me to provide files so you can see what I'm doing wrong or I need to provide files in order to patch those SSDT files(I apologize for not understanding I'm somewhat of a nooby)? And if you're asking me to provide you, should I send all of my SSDT Files & my configure.plist?

UPDATE: I have thrown in the towel! I have read this guide so much that I know it verbatim yet the end result was no success, countless times. RehabMan Thanks for your efforts.

Its all confusing at first (everything in the world is), but stick with it and you'll figure it out.

I am pretty new to hackintosh. I have managed to get my x555la to dual boot windows 10 and osx 10.11 off of a single hard drive and followed your guide as closely as I could. I suspect that I am not editing the dsdt and ssdt files correctly though, since I still have flickering screen and no sound. Could you clarify that section of your guide? Where do the saved files need to be placed? I will try to combine your guide with the laptop dsdt patching guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html in order to figure this out.

Thanks!

I am pretty new to hackintosh. I have managed to get my x555la to dual boot windows 10 and osx 10.11 off of a single hard drive and followed your guide as closely as I could. I suspect that I am not editing the dsdt and ssdt files correctly though, since I still have flickering screen and no sound. Could you clarify that section of your guide? Where do the saved files need to be placed? I will try to combine your guide with the laptop dsdt patching guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html in order to figure this out.

Thanks!

With Clover, patched ACPI files go to the EFI partition at EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched.

I just picked up an X555L that has HD5500 graphics and an Atheros WiFi card.
Anybody know if this would require different DSDT patches to be applied?
Thanks

:cry: wifi doesn't work !??

There are quite a few variations in hardware for this model of Asus laptop, so this guide is not all inclusive for the X555LA. My particular model is Asus x555LA-SI30202G. It is the 4030u cpu, 4400 graphics and alc233 for the sound. My wifi card was not compatible, so i replaced it with an Atheros one purchased from amazon.

I have sound and wifi working, but I don't think my graphics is working correctly yet, since I still get flashing and flickering when first coming to the desktop and when trying to watch or record videos. I have tried to patch kexts and edit config.plist, but no improvements yet. Will I have to remove all of the previous changes before trying another solution? I will work at it more when I have time...

I still do not have working battery or backlight either.

Is there a way to make my full 8Gb of memory show up? I think only 4Gb is working.

I appreciate everyone's efforts and the information given on this forum. Thanks!

There are quite a few variations in hardware for this model of Asus laptop, so this guide is not all inclusive for the X555LA. My particular model is Asus x555LA-SI30202G. It is the 4030u cpu, 4400 graphics and alc233 for the sound. My wifi card was not compatible, so i replaced it with an Atheros one purchased from amazon.

I have sound and wifi working, but I don't think my graphics is working correctly yet, since I still get flashing and flickering when first coming to the desktop and when trying to watch or record videos. I have tried to patch kexts and edit config.plist, but no improvements yet. Will I have to remove all of the previous changes before trying another solution? I will work at it more when I have time...

I still do not have working battery or backlight either.

Is there a way to make my full 8Gb of memory show up? I think only 4Gb is working.

I appreciate everyone's efforts and the information given on this forum. Thanks!

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-fix-hd4200-hd4400-hd4600-hd5600-10-11-a.html

Backlight not expected to work until you get graphics configured correctly.

Battery/backlight guides are linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back