Contribute
Register

[GUIDE][in progress] Lenovo g580 20150

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks, yeah i still couldnt get it to work using my old iphone4, which has imessage. thats ok though, thats not really a big deal either. i have seen some more issues though =[ for some reason my hackintosh randomly crashes. or freezes on startup. besides that this laptop runs so smoothly. been using it all week, but sometimes it will freeze or kernel panic on startup. any ideas?
heres two of the kernel panics that i have recieved in the past. they both happened at different times, the first one happened after a reboot after using the hdmi port, which actually did work nicely.
also thinking i should just redo the hackintosh all over again since ive done so much trial and error on this one

That KP is from VoodooHDA. In general, patched AppleHDA is preferred (although more difficult to create) over VoodooHDA since VoodooHDA is not very stable.

That KP is from VoodooHDA. In general, patched AppleHDA is preferred (although more difficult to create) over VoodooHDA since VoodooHDA is not very stable.

k thanks, ill look for a patched version that works with the g580. is th first image also a result of hda? im not sure what appleintelframebuffer is.

k thanks, ill look for a patched version that works with the g580. is th first image also a result of hda? im not sure what appleintelframebuffer is.

First one is from Capri framebuffer. Part of the driver for HD4000. If you've been messing about with patches to that or installing other versions, then...

i followed steps in first post. Everything works except sleep. When i sleep, screen sleeps but system is up. Can know by fan still running.
I extracted DSDT and then patched it with EHCI Sleep.

I guess, the system sleeps for a second and then wakes up.

Any suggestions?

Mine is i5 3210m

G580 20157

i have patched appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext and i am on 10.8.2

Good day.
Your guide is written that you are using VoodoHDA 0.7.3, can lay out or tell me where you take this kekst, thanks in advance.

I have this unit: i5 3230, 4gb ram, nVidia 635m 2gb(bios off), 1Tb samsung changed ----> 256GB ssd Toshiba, Wifi Removed AR9485 ---> AR5B195 works,

From multibeast )

i followed steps in first post. Everything works except sleep. When i sleep, screen sleeps but system is up. Can know by fan still running.
I extracted DSDT and then patched it with EHCI Sleep.

I guess, the system sleeps for a second and then wakes up.

Any suggestions?

Mine is i5 3210m

G580 20157

i have patched appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext and i am on 10.8.2

What about the lights infront of the laptop? if sleep is working fine then you should see power light (first one) blinking. And check with status also As it is not supposed to consume any power.

mine sleep works only when i put it to sleep manually.

What about the lights infront of the laptop? if sleep is working fine then you should see power light (first one) blinking. And check with status also As it is not supposed to consume any power.

mine sleep works only when i put it to sleep manually.

UPDate ; sleep finally worked. I extracted DSDT again, this time patched it with a different ivy bridge EHCI patch. Sleep worked. Shutdown however, does not work. When i shutdown, it reboots in 2 seconds.

Any idea?

UPDate ; sleep finally worked. I extracted DSDT again, this time patched it with a different ivy bridge EHCI patch. Sleep worked. Shutdown however, does not work. When i shutdown, it reboots in 2 seconds.

Any idea?
check if this is bcz of EHCI patch , if it is then try with a different patch.
i guess there is some kext in multibeast for shutdown fix, but not sure why this happening to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back