Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] iMacMini: ASUS P8H67-I DELUXE-Apple ATI 5770-10.6.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey metaldog99,

Did you get the 922-7195? If so, did you have to do any solder work or did it just connect straight to the mobo.

Also, did you have any issues of keyboard not working in bios/chameleon boot?

I follow the instruction and install Mac 10.6.7 successfully.
But I found that hyper-threading is not work when I check the CPU usage, my i7-2600 only 4 thread are processing, and other 4 are idling. Anythings I should install or edit??

ekwj said:
Hey metaldog99,

Did you get the 922-7195? If so, did you have to do any solder work or did it just connect straight to the mobo.

I did get the 922-7195, and I had to cut off the four-wire connector that came with the board and solder 2 wires to the output side of the voltage converter board, solder the other 2 wires to the data lines of a motherboard USB connector, and finally solder the input side of the voltage converter board to the voltage lines of the motherboard USB connector. Finally, I connected the motherboard USB connector to the motherboard and powered on. The BT is recognized as native Apple BT as reported by system profiler.

I have not as yet done any testing with using BT in BIOS or chameleon, as I have a wired keyboard and have not had time to mess around. All that I do notice is that the Apple trackpad and mouse are rock solid, do not intermittently disconnect, and operate much smoother than before.

With the BT mod above, I confirmed that the Apple Wireless BT keyboard works when the Chameleon menu runs during the boot-up sequence - I am able to select the different drives using the cursor keys, and enter boot parameters using the other keys.

I have not been able to confirm UEFI operation of wireless BT mouse or trackpad yet...

Since i have about the same board.. (the non-deluxe)... I was wondering if and how i update to 10.6.8?

Just to run the delta?

kn3pp said:
Since i have about the same board.. (the non-deluxe)... I was wondering if and how i update to 10.6.8?

Just to run the delta?

DO NOT UPDATE TO 10.6.8 USING SOFTWARE UPDATE!!!

If you do, you will not be able to boot (I made the mistake and ended up spending an hour or so repairing the damage.

Read through the sticky about 10.6.8 and that should get you through the right steps. When all is done, 10.6.8 works fine for this motherboard.

All working GOOD!!!!!! but when I do Shutdown do Restart......?

ekwj said:
Hey metaldog99,

OK, I have done some testing with the BT keyboard (Apple wireless). The delete key does not send the proper code to get into the UEFI setup at boot. Once in setup, the wireless keyboard works fine. BT mouse or BT trackpad do not work in UEFI setup.

BT wireless keyboard worked 100% in Chameleon.

Looks like more things to explore... possible BIOS mod???... There might be some settings in the UEFI setup to play with; however I have not had time to fiddle with anything. My machine is working nicely right now, so I have been leaving the tweaking alone for now.

Please HELP!!!!!

Guys

I have updated to Lion and all works great. I first tried just an upgrade from 10.6.8 and that worked great. I imaged, and then did a fresh install. I think this board is running better in Lion and i like the clean install.

I had some issues installing Lion that I feel were very specific to me and not sure why i was having problems. Nonetheless, going to post my clean install instructions which will supersede this existing guide as it was a lot easier to get working once i was able to build a Lion installer partition.

Curious if anyone else upgraded?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back