Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
during install Mojave on prebook 6570b,exactly when remaining 2 minute to finish the install,restart laptop automatically.
where is problem?

Restarts during installation process are normal.

There is a question: if I want to replace the matrix on a laptop from 1600x900 to 1920 × 1080, will something need to be changed in the drivers or the config ???

Your ioreg and preboot.log show no Intel MEI.
macOS requires IMEI.

Thanks for taking the time to look into this. How do I go about getting an IMEI? I have added the AddIMEI key set to True and IOReg shows IMEI. Is that what I should do?

Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 9.17.51 PM.png

Still having the same issue, IGPU timeout.

Attachments

• debug_7661.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Thanks for taking the time to look into this. How do I go about getting an IMEI? I have added the AddIMEI key set to True and IOReg shows IMEI. Is that what I should do?

View attachment 377643

Still having the same issue, IGPU timeout.

You cannot solve your hardware problem (IMEI firmware/BIOS flash) issue with software (eg. AddIMEI=true is nonsense).

You cannot solve your hardware problem (IMEI firmware/BIOS flash) issue with software (eg. AddIMEI=true is nonsense).

Well can you tell me what I can do? I've already tried flashing the latest BIOS (1.27), did a rollback to the previous version (1.26), resetting BIOS to defaults, the works. I don't understand what the problem is. Thank you.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.
I have uploaded the files before in #789. Cause the gen_debug.sh not work for me(network connect error, and I don`t know why), I generate these files manually.

Attachments

• Problem Report.zip
    8.9 MB · Views: 57
Well can you tell me what I can do? I've already tried flashing the latest BIOS (1.27), did a rollback to the previous version (1.26), resetting BIOS to defaults, the works. I don't understand what the problem is. Thank you.

Could be motherboard/CPU issue.

I update my bios from v01.038(01/23/2018) to v01.042(latest) today. After that I reinstall the OS and redo all the steps. Now I still have no battery, no Bluetooth, no trackpad, no sound, no recovery partiton. It seems change nothing.
I upload the logs of scripts, may helpful for debug.
I have uploaded the files before in #789. Cause the gen_debug.sh not work for me(network connect error, and I don`t know why), I generate these files manually.

Your DSDT shows DGPU at PEGP.DGFX, but SSDT-1040G1h assumes RP05.DGFX.
Might be a BIOS change by HP.

Change as follows and test:
Code:
NUC6i7KYK:probook.git rehabman$ git diff hotpatch/SSDT-1040G1h.dsl 
diff --git a/hotpatch/SSDT-1040G1h.dsl b/hotpatch/SSDT-1040G1h.dsl
index 59b3510..b9eb0a8 100644
--- a/hotpatch/SSDT-1040G1h.dsl
+++ b/hotpatch/SSDT-1040G1h.dsl
@@ -3,7 +3,7 @@
 DefinitionBlock("", "SSDT", 2, "hack", "_1040G1h", 0)
 {
     #include "SSDT-RMCF.asl"
-    #include "SSDT-RP05_DGFX_RDSS.asl"
+    #include "SSDT-PEGP_DGFX_RDSS.asl"
     #include "SSDT-HACK.asl"
     #include "include/IDT_76e0_HDEF.asl"
     #include "include/IDT_76e0_HDAU.asl"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back