Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure you installed Windows in UEFI mode.
Also, if you're installing Windows on a SSD connected via caddy, check DIP switches on the caddy for correct settings.

Hi RehabMan,
thank you for your help. Sure is SSD Kingdian S280 480GB not compatibile with HP BIOS in UEFI and unsecure mode. I've try to install windows on old 2,5 HDD 80GB and everything works with dual boot. Slowly but works. I've returned the product to Amazon and early i'll try with another SSD brand

Hello there! RehabMan,Can the new Elitebook be added to support? Elitebook830-G5,I have been using the 840G4 patch file before. There are always many problems that can't be solved. I hope to get your help.
Sleep, sound, touchpad, these have problems,The camera is also unavailable

Attachments

• DxDiag830-G5.txt
    89.7 KB · Views: 676
  • Linux extraction sound codec.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 55
  • Trackpad information.txt
    100 bytes · Views: 88
  • Clover Dump DSDT and log.zip
    84 KB · Views: 49
  • preboot.log.zip
    8.6 KB · Views: 45
  • debug_8685.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 51
  • debug_22701.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Hello there.
This is my third hackintosh (2nd laptop); the issue is pretty strange: at the verbose boot, I see several "+++++" and nothing else till the system reboots.
I might be wrong but I dont' see anything in the instruction related to "OsxAptiofix" ver 2, or 3 as in fact the file is missing. That said, I tried all of them unsuccessfully (I simply copied the file into "drivers64UEFI" directory.

That said, how can I get rid of this problem ?

Thanks
Paolo

Off-topic.
The laptop in your profile is not supported by this guide.

Hello there! RehabMan,Can the new Elitebook be added to support? Elitebook830-G5,I have been using the 840G4 patch file before. There are always many problems that can't be solved. I hope to get your help.
Sleep, sound, touchpad, these have problems,The camera is also unavailable
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.
Hi!RehabMan,Problem report has been uploaded;The file is still uploaded to the original floor
Thank you very much for taking the time to reply!
I don't know if there is any problem with the extracted report, I extracted it twice. I hope it is correct

Last edited:
Sleep, sound, touchpad, these have problems,

Your ioreg shows audio working. What is the specific issue?

Your ioreg proves you're using ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext. This guide does not use it, and I will not support such closed-source software.

Your kextcache proves you didn't follow post #1 (no kexts installed).

Your ioreg shows audio working. What is the specific issue?

Your ioreg proves you're using ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext. This guide does not use it, and I will not support such closed-source software.

Your kextcache proves you didn't follow post #1 (no kexts installed).
Sorry,Maybe my operation has a problem;I have followed the guide several times to install; and also tried to solve those problems. Use the 840x4 patch
Install ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext to temporarily make the touchpad work. Kext has been installed, the same result is installed according to the normal guidelines.I did not delete the EFI file, reinstalled the system again, and it is working normally by directly using this EFI.
After installing according to the normal guidelines, the audio works only with speakers and microphones.
Headphone jack is invalid, no HDMI output
The touchpad recognizes, but it doesn't work
Thunderbolt3-Type-C is not recognized
The camera has been identified but it is not working
Unable to sleep and Shutdown power is not interrupted
If necessary, I can follow the guide to install it again, then provide ioreg

Last edited:
my battery not working :(

I have followed the guide several times to install

The files you attached prove you did not use download.sh and install_downloads.sh.
Start over and follow the guide as written.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back