Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi RehabMan. Just checking back in to say thank you for all of your work on this and that I'm back on El Capitan and everything is working flawlessly. This particular EliteBook does not like anything north of 10.11 for whatever reason. High Sierra and Mojave were a bust and I can only assume Sierra would give me the same results. It might be APFS or some other factor. Honestly I missed a few features of El Capitan that were lost in subsequent releases so I'll stick where I'm at for the foreseeable future. If anyone you know has an EliteBook 850 G2 16GB 2.6Ghz running Mojave successfully with your patches please encourage them to post here and help the community out. I can't be the only one with those issues especially since everything is running so perfectly and smoothly on your patches in El Capitan so it's not a hardware issue.

If anyone you know has an EliteBook 850 G2 16GB 2.6Ghz running Mojave successfully with your patches please encourage them to post here and help the community out.

For you (or others with the same laptop) to track...

Ok thank you.

Unfortunately, I couldn't figure out the problem on my 9470m laptop. I did the installation from the beginning. I injected Edid and dropped my oem but it didn't work. This model does not have an external graphics card, the intel hd4000 has a 2GB graphics card. It stands on the black screen after it is turned on. If I open and open the lapton cover, the cursor appears on the screen. But the black screen remains. It turns on smoothly via usb, but does not open on hd. I keep Hd and usb's efi folders the same.

I started with usb and then got the report.

install macOs 10.12.6
report file added. what can i suggest.

Attachments

• debug_6378.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 68
Is it ok to update to 10.14.1? Does anyone experienced any problems after the new update?

Is it ok to update to 10.14.1? Does anyone experienced any problems after the new update?
No problem, you mast check last update bios and update follow guide in post #1.

Unfortunately, I couldn't figure out the problem on my 9470m laptop. I did the installation from the beginning. I injected Edid and dropped my oem but it didn't work. This model does not have an external graphics card, the intel hd4000 has a 2GB graphics card. It stands on the black screen after it is turned on. If I open and open the lapton cover, the cursor appears on the screen. But the black screen remains. It turns on smoothly via usb, but does not open on hd. I keep Hd and usb's efi folders the same.

I started with usb and then got the report.

install macOs 10.12.6
report file added. what can i suggest.

Check that BIOS settings are correct as per post #1.
Do not use Clover Configurator on your config.plist (details for editing SMBIOS are in post #1).

Check that BIOS settings are correct as per post #1.
Do not use Clover Configurator on your config.plist (details for editing SMBIOS are in post #1).

Thanks, I'il go back to the bios settings.

I made changes by creating a dummy .plist file. Then I copied / pasted it with a text editor, hidden characters have occurred?

Thanks, I'il go back to the bios settings.

I made changes by creating a dummy .plist file. Then I copied / pasted it with a text editor, hidden characters have occurred?

As per post #1, do not use a text editor. Use a plist editor such as Xcode or PlistEdit Pro.

After I made the update on Elitebook 840 G1 on Mojave 10.14.1 , clean install with clover following your guide all good till I want to install Xcode in terminal ,I get the software is not available for download , what I can do ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back