Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook 430 G3 (SkyLake) - High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same laptop HP ProBook 430 G3 (SkyLake) but based on Core i7-6500U. Mac OS 10.13 High Sierra is installed to SSD Kingston using this guide step by step. Almost all works fine even hibernation (with hibernatemode 29) but after wake up (normal sleep not hibernated) I have a strange glitch on screen (photo attached). The same situation is after just display turn off/on without sleeping of OS.

My laptop BIOS is last version 1.17 from HP and I am using Sierra 10.13 (17A405). Do you have any idea how to fix it?

Check BIOS options to insure that DVMT-prealloc is 64mb.
Please fill out your profile as per FAQ, and ...

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Last edited by a moderator:
are you experiencing any sleep (lid method) issues with this setup? i.e. computer will not sleep on first lid close?

Who are you replying to?
Please use quoted replies.

are you experiencing any sleep (lid method) issues with this setup? i.e. computer will not sleep on first lid close?

My 4530s and 4540s do not experience any such issue.

Last edited:
I meant Antonio. The individual with the G3.

For a bit, I thought we were in my guide thread.
I fixed your post to correctly refer to the OP.

It is a known problem.
Use Apple->Sleep instead of the lid.

Hopefully someone with the hardware and a minimum of skills will look into it as I have suggested several times.

Today I upgraded Clover to the latest version 4220. Now I have exactly the same problem: headphones work for me, HDMI works, built-in microphone works, but built-in speakers do not produce any sound.

So I guess the root cause is in Clover installer. It breaks something important.

What are the chances of sending me your EFI folder.. minus your serial number??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back