Motherboard
Hp Pavilion dv6 6c65sx
CPU
i7 2670QM/HM65
Graphics
HD 3000/HD 6700m, 1366x768
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
This is a guide for the Hp pavilion dv6-6c65sx laptop. Some of the steps I did during installation not sure if they are right or the wrong way. I can accept your comments below. My aim is to provide easy steps for what I did to make my laptop works with high Sierra 10.13.2.

I already made a same guide for this laptop with Sierra 10.12.6 this link https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-hp-pavilion-dv6-6c65sx-macos-sierra-10-12-6.244635/
I followed exactly through that guide. Even This guide is almost same. You will notice that there are no differences except the unibeast version and multibeast version

In this guide I used 2 usb sandisk sticks. 16gb usb to make Mac high Sierra 10.13.2 usb installer and 32gb usb to install high sierra on because I didn't want to mess and lose data in my internal hard drive.

Many thanks to RehabMan who helped me during this process.

* Do you have the same laptop and you are noob and lazy to follow my guide?

You can make installer High Sierra usb using UniBeast-8 Legacy mode then delete the entire EFI folder in the EFI partition and download zip file that I attached called (High Sierra Installer EFI.zip ) and paste it to your usb installer in EFI partition. Install the system to your HD drive then install bootloader only from MultiBeast - High Sierra 10.2.0 after that download zip file I renamed it “Hp Pavilion dv6-6c65sx CLOVER + Essential kexts .zip” in the attachement. The clover needs to be replaced to your clover folder in HD after you delete it and kexts needs to be installed by kexts utility. Don't forget to install AppleBacklightInjector.kext to /L/E by typing in terminal:

Code:
sudo cp -R *The path where you put AppleBacklightInjector.kext* /Library/Extensions

Code:
sudo kextcache -i /

- Repair permission by just opening kext utility
- Shut down the system (this helps the the brightness bar to show up)
After that you got High Sierra 10.13.2 fully working without walking through the rest of my guide except you need to fix the app store.

Making usb installer
This laptops needs specific steps to make usb installer bootable on this laptop using tool called UniBeast-8 and then update CLOVERX64.efi file in the clover to the latest. Unlike other guides and laptops you just simply follow the rehabman's guide. I tried to follow his guide but my laptop refuses to boot from usb stick.
My laptop has 4 USB ports:
- 2 Intel USB 2 ports on the right
- 2 NEC USB 3 ports on the left
USB Mac High Sierra installer can boot from Intel ports. Unlike booting from NEC ports, I get stuck in a screen like a bios.

Lets go ahead:
- Downloaded mac high sierra 10.13 from mac app store using any Mac laptop.
- Opened disk utility then view Show All Devices
- formatted the entire usb to Mac OS Extended (Journaled) / GUID Partition Map
- Downloaded UniBeast-8 then opened it, chose my usb drive, High Sierra,Legacy Boot Mode. Then I didn’t check Inject ATI or Inject NVIDIA.
- Mounted EFI using EFI Mounter [note: every time I mention EFI/CLOVER/ then I already mounted it. I don’t need to mention that every time]
- Downloaded https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config and chose config_HD3000_1366x768.plist renamed it to config.plist replaced it in /EFI/Clover and edited it using PlistEdit Pro:
- GUI/Scan/Legacy= YES
- Created Devices/ FakeID/ IntelGFX=0x12345678
- Devices / NoDefaultProperties = NO
- Renamed /ACPI/ DropTables to ##DropTables
- Renamed /ACPI/ #DropTables to DropTables
- Set /ACPI/SSDT/ DropOem= YES
- Set /ACPI/SSDT/Generate/ ( CStates= YES, PStates= YES)
- In /EFI/CLOVER/kexts I deleted all folders except Other. In EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other I deleted all kexts. From https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/ I downloaded and copied (FakeSMC.kext,VoodooPS2Controller.kext,SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext) to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
- Finally I needed to update my CLOVERX64.efi since its very old by downloading the latest rehab man clover https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/clover/downloads/ then installed it to any empty usb disk then copied CLOVERX64.efi from /EFI/CLOVER and replaced it to my usb installer.
- Now my USB installer is bootable but It will get stuck in gray screen if I try to install High Sierra. I needed to patch “[sys] IRQ Fix” and “OS Check Fix (Windows 7)” into my DSDT as the following:

Disassembling and patching ACPI files
- Plugged in usb installer to my hp pavilion laptop not any other laptops to extract native ACPI files by pressing F2 and F4 during startup at cover
- Mounted EFI and copied files that begin with DSDT/SSDT from /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin to new folder on desktop
- Downloaded recent build of iasl to disassemble DSDT/SSDT https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/acpica/downloads

In terminal:
Code:
cd ~/Downloads
Code:
unzip iasl.zip
Code:
sudo cp iasl /usr/bin
To extract and copy iasl to /usr/bin

- Downloaded rehabman’s iasl using these commands in terminal
Code:
mkdir ~/Projects && cd ~/Projects
git clone https://github.com/RehabMan/Intel-iasl.git iasl.git
cd iasl.git

Code:
make

Code:
sudo make install

Code:
sudo cp /usr/bin/iasl /Applications/MaciASL.app/Contents/MacOS/iasl61

In terminal:
Code:
cd "to directory where I placed all SSDT/DSDT"
Code:
ls -l SSDT*.aml
To make sure that there is no duplicate SSDT by checking their sizes
Code:
pbpaste>refs.txt
This created ref.txt in my current working directory after that I opened ref.txt manually then I copied the following:
Code:
External(MDBG, MethodObj, 1)
External(_GPE.MMTB, MethodObj, 0)
External(_SB.PCI0.LPCB.H_EC.ECWT, MethodObj, 2)
External(_SB.PCI0.LPCB.H_EC.ECRD, MethodObj, 1)
External(_SB.PCI0.LPCB.H_EC.ECMD, MethodObj, 1)
External(_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP.SGPO, MethodObj, 2)
External(_SB.PCI0.GFX0.DD02._BCM, MethodObj, 1)
External(_SB.PCI0.SAT0.SDSM, MethodObj, 4)
External(_GPE.VHOV, MethodObj, 3)
External(_SB.PCI0.XHC.RHUB.TPLD, MethodObj, 2)
Then save

Code:
iasl -da -dl -fe refs.txt DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml
I noticed ****.dsl files created

I downloaded MaciASL : https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/
- Ran MaciASL
- Chose Preferences from the MaciASL menu bar
- Selected Sources
- Clicked the [+] button
- Gave it a name ("Laptop Patches")
- Typed the following URL: http://raw.github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch/master
- Opened SSDT.dsl file that I created in desktop with MaciASL
- Patched the following :
- [sys] IRQ Fix
- OS Check Fix (Windows 7)
- Clicked compile one error showed (_HID suffix must be all hex digits (GH)) and needed to be fixed. Other warnings, remarks, optimizations not important. I fixed the error by clicking on the error to show my the path and deleted the line

Code:
        Name (_HID, "ABCDEFGH")  // _HID: Hardware ID

- Saved AS DSDT.AML (ACPI Machine Language Binary) and replaced it in /EFI/clover/acpi/patched

Note: MaciASL requires internet connection for the patches to load from the internet.

- Finally plugged in my usb installer to my Intel USB 2 port and installed the system as normal to my 32 gb usb stick

Post installation
- After I completed the installation my 32 gb usb wasn’t bootable. I did the following to make it bootable :
- Launched MultiBeast - High Sierra 10.2.0 then checked only Clover v2.3k r3766 Legacy Boot Mode and selected the drive
- I deleted CLOVER folder in 32 gb usb then copied CLOVER folder from usb installer to 32 gb usb
- Installed the kexts that are found in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other using kext utility (to be installed in the system volume)
- Set config.plist /Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=0
- Restarted the system. 32 gb usb became bootable.

Showing hidden files:
I used this to show hidden files In terminal:
Code:
defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES
sign out

Fix App Store, Itunes and Ethernet:

- SysPrefs->Network and removed all networks, Apply, then removed /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist.
- Restarted the system then deleted Networks and NetworkInterfaces.plist again if they are found.
- Installed RealtekRTL8111.kext using Kext Utility
- Restarted the system
- Added Ethernet in SysPrefs->Network after that I added bluetooth (if they are not found)

Linksys AE6000 wifi (you don’t need to this unless you have AE6000 Wifi USB)
- Installed RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext using kext utility
- Installed DWA-140WirelessUtility
Note that : I installed the Ethernet first before any other network to set Ethernet at en0 and this will help to fix App Store, Itunes and launch normally

Patching DSDT/SSDT
My DSDT/SSDT in the new drive required new patching for other system configurations:
Read above how I disassembled and patched ACPI files Then I patched instead of above the following:
1- [sys] IRQ Fix
2- OS Check Fix (Windows 7)
3- [audio] Audio Layout 3
4- battery_HP-DV6t-6b00
5- [usb] USB3 _PRW 0x0D (instant wake)
6- Added patch for brightness control key by clicking patch then adding the following text:
Code:
into method label _Q17 replace_content
begin
// Brightness Down\n
    Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, 0x0405)\n
end;
into method label _Q18 replace_content
begin
// Brightness Up\n
    Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, 0x0406)\n
end;
- Fixed the error as above and saved as DSDT.AML (ACPI Machine Language Binary) and replaced it in /CLOVER/ACPI/patched
[ NOTE : FOR “battery_HP-DV6t-6b00” patch I could follow rehabman’s guide for battery status fix but for somehow I just found this “battery_HP-DV6t-6b00” patch matches exactly the bits access that I have and fixed my battery status without following that guide by patching it.

Battery status and trackpad double click
- Downloaded ACPIBatteryManager.kext from https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-acpi-battery-driver/downloads/ then installed it using kext utility and restarted the system. After installing ACPIBatteryManager.kext, this fixed the SysPrefs->Trackpad to show up. After that I went to SysPrefs->Trackpad->Point & Click->Tap to click.

Sound
- I needed to get codec_dumb.txt from linux or ubuntu to see which audio codec id my laptop is using. Then opened the text, it showed “IDT 92HD81B1X5” “0x111d7605”
- Downloaded apple patcher 1.8 http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/496-applehda-patcher/
- Ran apple patcher 1.8
- Picked “IDT 92HD81B1X5” from laptop menu then clicked patch AppleHDA
- MironeAudio folder created on desktop
- Deleted applehda.kext in system/library/extensions
- Installed the applehda.kext using kext utility from /Desktop/MironeAudio/111d7605/ full Patched AppleHDA folder.
- Installed FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext + FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext using kext utility from https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-fake-pci-id/downloads/

Fix brightness
- I needed to follow RehabMan's guide to get download files in ~/Projects
- Copied SSDT-PNLF.AML FROM ~/Projects/guide.git/build/SSDT-PNLF.aml to EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched
- Copied "change F%uT%04x to F%uTxxxx in AppleBacklightInjector.kext (credit RehabMan)" from ~/Projects/guide.git/config_patches.plist to my own config.plist at EFI/Clover/config.plist
- Installed AppleBacklightInjector.kext to /L/E by typing in terminal
Code:
sudo cp -R ~/Projects/probook.git/kexts/AppleBacklightInjector.kext /Library/Extensions

After that

Code:
sudo kextcache -i /

- Repair permission by just opening kext utility
- Then SHUT DOWN the laptop, I didn’t restart (this helped the brightness bar to show up)

Disabling Discrete Graphics
1- I needed custom SSDT.aml by downloading and using ssdtPRGen.sh tool.
- In terminal I downloaded it
Code:
cd ~
curl -o ./ssdtPRGen.sh https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/master/ssdtPRGen.sh
chmod +x ./ssdtPRGen.sh
- Launched it
Code:
./ssdtPRGen.sh
Code:
Do you want to copy /Users/tom/Library/ssdtPRGen/ssdt.aml to /Extra/ssdt.aml? (y/n)?
- Typed n
Code:
Do you want to open ssdt.dsl (y/n)?
- Typed n
- Mounted EFI (this is important for the following command to work)
- Then copied it to clover using this command
Code:
cd ~
cp ~/Library/ssdtPRGen/ssdt.aml /Volumes/EFI/EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/SSDT.aml

2- In config.plist:
- Removed ForceKextsToLoad in KernelAndKextPatches
- Set ACPI/SSDT/DropOem=NO
- Set ACPI/SSDT/Generate (CStates/Pstates= NO).

3- I patched the following in SSDT-5.dsl native ACPI file:
Code:
into method label _INI parent_label \_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP insert
begin
//added to turn nvidia/radeon off\n
External(\_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP._OFF, MethodObj)\n
_OFF()\n
end;

- Clicked compile one error showed syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP _ARG1 and needed to be fixed. I fixed the error by clicking on the error to show my the path and deleted the 4 lines Arg0,Arg1,Arg2,Arg3:
From
Code:
            If (CondRefOf (\_SB.PCI0.GFX0.HDSM))
            {
                Return (\_SB.PCI0.GFX0.HDSM)
                Arg0
                Arg1
                Arg2
                Arg3
            }
To
Code:
            If (CondRefOf (\_SB.PCI0.GFX0.HDSM))
            {
                Return (\_SB.PCI0.GFX0.HDSM)

}

- Then saved as SSDT-5.aml in /ACPI/CLOVER/patched.
- Restarted the system
[ Note: I downloaded custom SSDT.aml using ssdtPRGen.sh tool then set DropOEM=NO. If I set DropOEM=NO without custom SSDT.aml, I get my system restarts during loading at startup screen. With custom SSDT.aml and DropOem=No this helped to enable SSDT-5.aml that I created and disabled Radeon Graphics]

USB 2 configurations
- Downloaded https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-USB-Inject-All/raw/master/config_patches.plist in the config_patches.plist I searched for change 15 port limit to 26 in XHCI kext the has MatchOS = 10.13.x then copied it to my config.plist
- Installed FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext from https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-fake-pci-id/downloads/
- Added -uia_ignore_rmcf to config.plist/boot/arguments
- I ran IORegistryExplorer
- Tested each port with both USB2 and USB3 devices
- Used SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl as a template (https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-USB-Inject-All/raw/master/SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl)
- Opened SSDT_UIAC-ALL.DSL with MaciASL and added the following :
Code:
DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "hack", "UIAC-ALL", 0)
{
    Device(UIAC)
    {
        Name(_HID, "UIA00000")

Name(RMCF, Package()
        {
            "HUB1", Package()
            {
                "port-count", Buffer() { 8, 0, 0, 0 },
                "ports", Package()
                {
                    "HP11", Package()
                    {
                        //"UsbConnector", 0,
                        "portType", 0,
                        "port", Buffer() { 1, 0, 0, 0 },
                    },
                    "HP12", Package()
                    {
                        //"UsbConnector", 0,
                        "portType", 0,
                        "port", Buffer() { 2, 0, 0, 0 },
                    },
                    "HP15", Package()
                    {
                        //"UsbConnector", 0,
                        "portType", 2,
                        "port", Buffer() { 5, 0, 0, 0 },
                    },
                },
            },
            "HUB2", Package()
            {
                "port-count", Buffer() { 6, 0, 0, 0 },
                "ports", Package()
                {
                    "HP21", Package()
                    {
                        //"UsbConnector", 0,
                        "portType", 2,
                    },
                    "HP22", Package()
                    {
                        //"UsbConnector", 0,
                        "portType", 2,
                        "port", Buffer() { 2, 0, 0, 0 },
                    },
                },
            },
            "EH01", Package()
            {
                "port-count", Buffer() { 8, 0, 0, 0 },
                "ports", Package()
                {
                    "PR11", Package()
                    {
                        "UsbConnector", 255,
                    },
                },
            },
            "EH02", Package()
            {
                "port-count", Buffer() { 6, 0, 0, 0 },
                "ports", Package()
                {
                    "PR21", Package()
                    {
                        "UsbConnector", 255,
                    },

},
            },
        })
    }
}
//EOF

- Then saved it as SSDT-UIAC.aml in /ACPI/patched
- Removed 15 port limit to 26 in XHCI kext in my config.plist
- Removed -uia_ignore_rmcf in config.plist/boot/arguments
[more info for usb configurations https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/ ]

USB 3 Installation
For USB 3 ports you can install GenericUSBXHCI.kext or AppleUSBXHCI.kext
- GenericUSBXHCI.kext kext has sometimes trouble discovering USB
- AppleUSBXHCI.kext replaces some apple kexts which is not recommended but it works great
(I usually use AppleUSBXHCI.kext but since I am uploading clover in the attachment I used GenericUSBXHCI.kext for you).

Attachments

• High Sierra Installer EFI.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 996
  • Hp Pavilion dv6-6c65sx CLOVER + Essential Kexts.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 1,334
Comments accepted here.

Hello dear! I have got HP PAVILION dv6-6158er (ntel Core i3 2310M, ATI Radeon HD 6770М, ddr3 memory)
Will your solution compatible with mine laptop?

Also, I want to make it as second OC (need to save win10). What you can suggest me?

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
Hello dear! I have got HP PAVILION dv6-6158er (ntel Core i3 2310M, ATI Radeon HD 6770М, ddr3 memory)
Will your solution compatible with mine laptop?

Also, I want to make it as second OC (need to save win10). What you can suggest me?

Thanks a lot!
I think you need to do your own clover by yourself or just follow my guide and see if it works or follow the forum guides and ask for support becasue every laptop has different codes in the bios
Mac is a good OS but ATI Radeon HD 6770М is not supported.

Can i have your mojave efi? :p, btw i have got HP pavilion dv6-6c13TX, and your high sierra EFI compatible with mine, but not on mojave...

Hello , I have a dv6-6c80la, everything works but this model has the Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030 WLAN.
Can you tell me what PCIe wifi card you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back