Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Envy Haswell series J/K using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi RehabMan,
I hope you can help, I've followed the guide, and read as much as I can on this forum, but I'm stuck at installation.
In verbose mode, the installation freezes on root device Uuid.
I'm a noob to this, and completely stuck. I've copied FakeSMC, Realtek, and Voodoo PS2 Controller kexts into 'Other'. Is it something wrong with the config file? Don't really understand how to edit from the guides.
Any help is appreciated!

View attachment config.plist

Hi RehabMan,
I hope you can help, I've followed the guide, and read as much as I can on this forum, but I'm stuck at installation.
In verbose mode, the installation freezes on root device Uuid.
I'm a noob to this, and completely stuck. I've copied FakeSMC, Realtek, and Voodoo PS2 Controller kexts into 'Other'. Is it something wrong with the config file? Don't really understand how to edit from the guides.
Any help is appreciated!

View attachment 152513

Post EFI/Clover folder.

OK will do a fresh install of clover, and use the config file 4600. Do I need to edit anything in the config file, or just rename it and drop it into clover folder? Will make sure to install the other missing file as well, that's an option in clover installation, or just copy and paste?

OK will do a fresh install of clover, and use the config file 4600. Do I need to edit anything in the config file, or just rename it and drop it into clover folder? Will make sure to install the other missing file as well, that's an option in clover installation, or just copy and paste?

Just drop the correct config.plist unmodified.

OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi is an option in the Clover installer...

It is clearly described in the guide:
Installing Clover to USB

After obtaining the Clover installer, first task is to install to the USB "CLOVER EFI" partition.

For Clover UEFI, run the Clover Installer package:
- if using MBR, select the target of the install to "CLOVER EFI" using "Change Install Location"
- if using GPT, select the target of the install to "install_osx" using "Change Install Location"
- select "Customize" (the default is a legacy install -- we need to change it)
- check "Install for UEFI booting only", "Install Clover in the ESP" will automatically select
- check "Bluemac" from Themes (the config.plist files I provide use this theme)
- check "OsxAptioFixDrv-64" from Drivers64UEFI

Always read carefully.

Great stuff, so now I'm set up with an install.
How to install clover to hard drive?
All I can get from the guide is:
"Installing to the HDD/SSD after installation is very similar to installing to the USB. Refer back to this section when you get to that stage."
Do I need to make a new partition on my hard drive? How should I proceed?

Great stuff, so now I'm set up with an install.
How to install clover to hard drive?
All I can get from the guide is:
"Installing to the HDD/SSD after installation is very similar to installing to the USB. Refer back to this section when you get to that stage."
Do I need to make a new partition on my hard drive? How should I proceed?

No partition. EFI is already there. Just install for UEFI to your system partition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back