Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Envy Haswell series J/K using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK. I started my configuration process and I have successfully installed Mavericks with Clover EFI. I'll try to make it by myself as much as possible. Only 3 simple startup questions:
1)In order to boot my newly installed system, I had to remove all AppleIntelHD* kexts, otherwise I get stuck on Bluetooth IO startup. Obviously, I have no QE/CI at all. How to make it fully recognize HD4600?
2)Is there a way to make the bios recognize Clover as a trusted entry with Secure Boot enabled, in order to avoid Windows 8 watermark when dual booting?
3)I can't find my EFI partition, which disappeared after rebooting with the new hdd clover installation. I can't even find it as a partition to mount in disk utility.
Sorry, but I'm new to Clover, since I have always used chimera/chameleon. Thanks again for your support, @Rehabman

Follow the guide in post #1.

Secure boot is not supported. Guide instructs for secure boot to be disabled.

Use mount_efi.sh as shown in the guide.

First, I'd like to say thank you for all the help provided here in this guide. I was able to install and use Yosemite with no trouble as a result. :thumbup:

I do however, have one question: As the current wifi+bt (Intel 3160) card in my laptop is not compatible, I was considering buying the BCM94352HMB card recommended here. Will I need to buy this card through HP (Broadcom BCM4352), or can I purchase it elsewhere (such as Amazon)? I've noticed that the HP version is missing the 9, and want to make sure I purchase the correct card. There is quite a price difference, so if purchasing elsewhere works, awesome!

Last edited:
First, I'd like to say thank you for all the help provided here in this guide. I was able to install and use Yosemite with no trouble as a result. :thumbup:

I do however, have one question: As the current wifi+bt (Intel 3160) card in my laptop is not compatible, I was considering buying the BCM94352HMB card recommended here. Will I need to buy this card through HP (Broadcom BCM4352), or can I purchase it elsewhere (such as Amazon)? I've noticed that the HP version is missing the 9, and want to make sure I purchase the correct card. There is quite a price difference, so if purchasing elsewhere works, awesome!

94352 same as 4252.

I don't think it matters where you purchase. From previous reports, there is either no whitelist, or the whitelist is very loose. You can always sell the card if it doesn't work, so there is little risk.

Great! Thanks for the quick reply! :)

Can u make it work with n series. Thanks so much :)

Successfully installed Yosemite on my laptop using your guide. I can boot Yosemite without using the bootflag "nv_disable=1" . Does it mean that i can use my graphics card on Yosemite.

I can even boot without using bootflag "dart=0" and Virtuallization Technology is enabled in BIOS. Does is mean that I can use Parallals or VMWare or Virtualbox on my Hackintosh..

Can u make it work with n series. Thanks so much :)

Collect the following information so we can determine how similar n-series to j/k:
- audio codec dump from Linux
- native ACPI files (you can use Linux, patchmatic -extract as in this guide, or Clover F4)
- 'lspci -nn' output from Linux Terminal

Successfully installed Yosemite on my laptop using your guide. I can boot Yosemite without using the bootflag "nv_disable=1" . Does it mean that i can use my graphics card on Yosemite.

On Yosemite, you're using HD4600.

I can even boot without using bootflag "dart=0" and Virtuallization Technology is enabled in BIOS. Does is mean that I can use Parallals or VMWare or Virtualbox on my Hackintosh..

VT-x is not related to dart=0/DMAR,etc. It is related to VT-d. The config.plist drops DMAR which makes dart=0 redundant (at least that's my limited understanding... I don't know much about the root problem there).

You should try VMware/Parallels. I've used them on other hacks and it works.

Is it safe to update to 10.10.4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back