Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] HP Elitebook 8470p Radeon - 10.13+11.+12. | OpenCore

Hi xdnuos!

Try these:
- First(I guess, this is yours?!)
- Second

With the IGP(HD4000) your device is supported on Catalina, without Legacy Patcher.

Hi, I have an issue after installing macOS Big Sur on HP laptop. After first install it showed me this dialog. Please help me! (I'm using Clover)

Attachments

• IMG_3785.jpg
    IMG_3785.jpg
    539.4 KB · Views: 54
  • EFI.zip
    5 MB · Views: 70
Hi, I have an issue after installing macOS Big Sur on HP laptop. After first install it showed me this dialog. Please help me! (I'm using Clover)
use a config .plist from the guide

Hi Mr.boo!

Your device specification is wrong, at least your CPU.
Core i5-5300U or i5-4300U?

Check this out. Similar form factor. Compare your hardware before you start, but seem to be good.

1040 G2 vs. 840 G2

Hi xdnuos!

Try these:
- First(I guess, this is yours?!)
- Second

With the IGP(HD4000) your device is supported on Catalina, without Legacy Patcher.
-yeah. It me. But i have 8470p with amd graphic only. I don't want to use Bigsur because it's quite heavy. Didn't know my 8470p could use catalina?

-yeah. It me. But i have 8470p with amd graphic only. I don't want to use Bigsur because it's quite heavy. Didn't know my 8470p could use catalina?
Your best shot is High Sierra with 7570m, after that macOS is using Metal on Mojave, Catalina etc., instead of OpenGL.
Big Sur it is only comes up, because of the Legacy Patcher.

Hello I use refi folder from thienluong89 in page 7 and I have black screen trying to open catalina or big sur

I have elitebook 8470P i5 3320 HD 4000

and all the bios settings are like in the guide

What can I do??

I too have this same laptop with the HD4000 and the 1600x900 display. I already have a triboot set up. macOS Catalina on a 500GB and Win10 Pro and Ubuntu set up on another 500gb drive that replaces the DVD drive. It’s a p model so i could only throw in 16 gig of 1600mhz.

You know the saying If it ain’t broke....

I have spent the last 3 days basically breaking and repairing my os trying to add big sur to my setup.
The internet says it should work,lol.

Anyway, I’m back where i started...Fully updated macOS Catalina with a Clover setup and its all working and updated...fully patched dsdt. Battery,wifi,bluetooth,triboot. All functioning properly. I ended up updating clover as well which had its own set of issues but i was able to work through them.

I tried Chris111 OC\BigSur and got it to install...problems with the postinstall.. video and wifi But I’m sure these were update your kext related.
My biggest concern was all the acpi errors on the reboot. Catalina and everything before uses a patched dsdt which i have patched perfectly, but now we use patch ssdt’s from what i gather. Maybe someone could confirm what should be going down ACPI wise. I’m not sure if its going down the way it’s suppose to. Chris’s video shows him going into the acpi folder and showing his dsdt files and tables. I go into my folder and nada,lol 2 ssdt’s.
I will likely try again but I’m not sure if I’ll stay with clover or migrate to OC. I would like to keep both the Catalina and Big Sur installations where i don’t compromise the one just to get the other to work. I think i shall sit with my coffee this morning and read over all the guides again. Always something new to learn....
Good luck to all who are trying. I’d be interested in hearing any clover successes as well....if there are any. lol

Hello I use refi folder from thienluong89 in page 7 and I have black screen trying to open catalina or big sur

I have elitebook 8470P i5 3320 HD 4000

and all the bios settings are like in the guide

What can I do??
@wiliplasen where did you get black screen: during verbose boot, finished boot and got black screen at logon screen?
I guess your screen is 1368x766, which difference with my resolution. it is simple to delete all thing in DeviceProperties > Add then save and try boot again. Don't forget NVRAM reset.
Screen Shot 2021-11-22 at 11.23.59.png

Back