Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite X2 1012 G1 / G2, Clover UEFI, VirtualSMC, Hot Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a clean Big Sur installation using OpenCore, not upgrade.
- USB installer preparation -> https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/
- Very Good guide -> https://github.com/midi1996/X2G2-opencore-hackintosh

I'm sharing my EFI folder, just please update Serial number MLB, etc.
I tried with this one, I managed to boot installer and start install, but after the first reboot, I have boot loop when trying to boot macOS install.
Edit : I have a sata SSD, not nvme.

I tried with this one, I managed to boot installer and start install, but after the first reboot, I have boot loop when trying to boot macOS install.
please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

Yes Sr.

I found the EFI folder that I used on my USB bootable installer for Big Sur, in case you need it
Tried this one too and same bootloop after first reboot during install.
Anyone have working EFI for 1012 G1 with SATA SSD, not NVME?

I updated without big issues my other hacks ( Lenovo T440s and HP 800 g4 DM) but idk what's wrong with this one...

I have the similar WiFi card it must work without any additional kexts
  • Can you check if /Library/Extensions is "virtually empty" and use only kexts on the OC EFI folder
    • I just have 3 files on /Library/Extensions
      • HighPointOP.kext
      • HighPointRR.kext
      • SoftRAID.kext
(This is my WiFi Card: Broadcom BCM94352Z DW1560 Wifi Card 802.11ac 867Mbps NGFF 2.4G/5Ghz Card BT 4.0)
Finally fixed my wifi card, this video (
) did the trick...

Anyone have working EFI for 1012 G1 with SATA SSD, not NVME?
I'm working with this kind of hardware - you can try my EFI (just update PlatformInfo and it's good to go)...

Attachments

• EFI.OC-0.6.9.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 275
I'm working with this kind of hardware - you can try my EFI (just update PlatformInfo and it's good to go)...
I managed to install Big Sur using your EFI, thanks a lot!
Wifi, touchscreen seems to work, I will try to test it more tomorrow

I have kernel panics when trying to update from Catalina to latest Big Sur using Sitam70 EFI...
Do you have any instructions ?
I tired solving the same problem. Then I’ve downgraded BIOS down to 1.25 and now everything goes well.

Try use my latest efi

You can try this EFI which no problem for me in any upgrading to the latest Big Sur update. This is for G2 model
Many thanks for sharing! This EFI was very useful for me! The only problem is now not working touchscreen. Will appreciate any suggestion, advice.

I remember so many reboots before the installation process finished, please be patience.

Hi Antonio,

I'm trying to install MacOs in my HP Elite X2 1012 G1, I made a clean installation with Big Sur and Monterey and when the installation reachs the 16 left minute freezes the laptop. Did you have a similiar issue?, Could you give me more information about you version that you could install. Also I'm using your EFI attached in the forum. Thanks in advance
I tried to upgrade to Monterey, with no luck

For Big Sur, I remember I did the installation with 11.0.1 version, you can try with that one or 11.1. After installation you can perform normal upgrade.

I have latest Big Sur version on my G1.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back