Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new board arrived a day early!. Installed it and booted the 6300 up and started with BIOS 2.05, then successfully updated to 2.99 with no issues.

47C30983-AD44-4D38-A05E-1C7D765AA41A.jpeg

Attachments

• E9FE555D-F8AD-4D49-B506-F27D8C65160E.jpeg
    E9FE555D-F8AD-4D49-B506-F27D8C65160E.jpeg
    334 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
I installed the new board and started the 6300 up and got to BIOS 2.05 and successfully updated to 2.99 with no issues.
Nice ! That seller trreuse group always does good refurbishing of what they sell. Best prices too.
disclaimer: I have no affiliation with the seller, like their products I have purchased and had a positive experience.

Last edited:
The new board arrived a day early!. I installed the new board and started the 6300 up and got to BIOS 2.05 and successfully updated to 2.99 with no issues.
Congrats
In the state of the photograph, there is only one DIMM in Channel B, but in this state, the OS cannot start in 64bit mode.
Insert it into DIMM1 and DIMM2 of Channel A.

Edit:
I'm sorry, but I forgot whether it is DIMM1-DIMM2 or DIMM1-DIMM3 in order to operate in 64bit with 2 DIMMs.
Refer to the HP specifications.

Append: The reason why Catalina cannot be installed is like DIMM.

Last edited:
this is a bit off topic but to those to have Catalina installed on HP8300 core i7 3770 like myself and wanting to update to latest 10.15.2 as posted in tonymacx86's homepage
the answer is yes, i updated my HP8300 from 10.15.1 to 10.15.2 without issues all i did was update my kexts and clover to 5100 as described in the update post and done

There was an issue? lol, I just updated with nothing more than an up-to-date backup. Lots of soft reboots on mine but it went fine.

I’m such a crap hackintosher lol

There was an issue?

Code:
Music
• Resolves an issue that may prevent album artwork from appearing

This was a very important fix.
I was wondering what happened to Apple Computer and Apple Music while the Beatles artwork was not displayed.

I'm curious about the back wallpaper, where did you get it? STR HP?

i searched google images for a 4k star terk uss enterprise and that was the first result :)

live long, and prosper :)

Last edited:
There was an issue? lol, I just updated with nothing more than an up-to-date backup. Lots of soft reboots on mine but it went fine.

I’m such a crap hackintosher lol

i updated mine via apple store the apple way :) and it went without a issue at all as long as the retailed kexts and clover is updated and you have a ccc backup first, it only took me 2 reboots and 20 or 30min later done and ready to go

lol, your not a crap hackintosher, your just human like the rest of us hehe :)

Look at this HP 8300 owners. Like the larger 8300 SFF that is usually in the top 3 desktop bestsellers on Amazon.com the 8300 USFF is now ranking at #1 best selling in mini computers. Of course to hackintosh this you'd need to swap the 3470S CPU for one with HD4000 graphics. See post #1 for that info. An i5-3475S would be one of those options. The mandatory 135W power brick from HP is included with this.

Screen Shot 8.jpg

The 2018 core i3 Mac mini comes in at #2 in this list at $679. That's not bad but here's the problem. You can open it up with special torx security screw drivers and upgrade the ram. But you're forever stuck with the core i3 and the 128 GB SSD is not upgradable at all. So you'd have to spend more for the i5 and larger SSD now if you need those.

Last edited:
lol, your not a crap hackintosher, your just human like the rest of us hehe :)

lol, cheers for the vote of confidence and reality check!

Look at this HP 8300 owners. Like the larger 8300 SFF that is usually in the top 3 desktop bestsellers on Amazon.com the 8300 USFF is now ranking at #1 best selling in mini computers. Of course to hackintosh this you'd need to swap the 3470S CPU for one with HD4000 graphics. See post #1 for that info. An i5-3475S would be one of those options.

You're a bad influence TRS lol. I started looking at barebone versions on eBay and it's a slippery slope. I then went on to barebone 8300 chassis to update the 6300 to an 8300, then I realised I was falling into the trap.

In other news, I inherited a 4k monitor and the GT710 only supports 30Hz via HDMI. After a lot of googling, it seems that the only 'tight budget' option is a Quadro K600 that'll give 60Hz via DP. I can't seem to find any of the compatible AMD LP cards at a low price in Australia. Extremely frustrating, although after the Fenvi card I'm possibly on the cusp of over-investment.

Although both my units do me very well and I have no reason to upgrade, I wonder if there will be a spiritual successor to these units that'll be as easy to hack...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back