Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help Needed - No longer booting clover, booting directly into windows.

I booted into windows via clover then restarted via windows menu. But this time clover didn't boot selector didn't load.
Is there a way to force clover boot cycle?
Disconnect the drive with Windows on it (remove Sata cable) and then try to boot from your macOS drive.

Help Needed - No longer booting clover, booting directly into windows.

I booted into windows via clover then restarted via windows menu. But this time clover didn't boot selector didn't load.
Is there a way to force clover boot cycle?

Try changing the boot order in the bios make sure the drive with MacOS is the first then save and hopefully it should work

Also it happened to me also after i finished my installation of Mojave on my SSD MacOS drive i wanted to check on my win10 on my other drive at first it booted normally via clover then when i restarted to boot to my mac it went directly to windows boot so i went to my bios and changed the boot order and made my mac SSD first then windows hard disk drive second and it worked as it should i hope it works for you too my friend :)

Last edited:
Open your Clover Config.plist with CC and make sure the exact name of your boot drive is in this section:

Screen_Shot_17.jpg

renderTimingPixel.png

Hey folks,

This is my first post, so thank you for this opportunity. I was offered an HP 8300 i7 4770 USFF at a reasonable price with 8 GB of RAM and a 120GB SSD.

I am planning to install macOS on it and use it as a desktop machine.

What's not important to me:

- video/music editing

- For gaming, I use my PS4, so it's not important for me either.

What is important to me:

- Lots of Chrome with multiple tabs, Youtube, Torrenting, Spotify and text editing, that's it.

- Good resolution monitor of 2k/4k

- quiet system (is there a difference between USFF and SFF?)

Coming from a late 2013 2.4 GHz MBP 13" retina, I would like to use a 2K monitor with it for the pixel density. Is the integrated graphics (Intel HD4000) up to this task? How does everything look in regards to future proofing?

Also, I'd prefer the USFF over the SFF in terms of aesthetics, however, I am aware that I'm not able to install a graphics card later on. That being said, are relatively newer systems advisable, such as an HP 800?

Maybe someone can give me advice. Have a great Christmas everyone!

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone, finally trying to come to the dark side. I do not have a MacBook or anything, so all done from a PC.

So I have an HP6300, got the EVGA GT 710 with 20G of RAM, have the Retail Snow Leopard.

Tried everything, not getting anywhere, please help.

Now that I set everything to EHCI, iBoot will not even boot, just says "No boot option". Before when I was in normal mode (legacy?), I could boot iBoot Ivy Bridge, and then was getting Kernel panic on the next step.

Please help. Its too difficult to search through 194 pages, must be simple what I am missing?

Thanks!

So I have an HP6300, got the EVGA GT 710 with 20G of RAM, have the Retail Snow Leopard.

Tried everything, not getting anywhere, please help.

Sata Mode should be set to AHCI even if you are installing Snow Leopard. Remove the GT 710 before you try to install SL and use the onboard DP output. Adapt it to HDMI if need be. You should be using iBoot Ivy Bridge CD for booting. Try and follow my SL guide and expecially the part specific for the HP 6300/8300.

SL Guide is HERE click this link

Sata Mode should be set to AHCI even if you are installing Snow Leopard. Remove the GT 710 before you try to install SL and use the onboard DP output. Adapt it to HDMI if need be. You should be using iBoot Ivy Bridge CD for booting. Try and follow my SL guide and expecially the part specific for the HP 6300/8300.

SL Guide is HERE click this link
Thank you, did not realize that the video card was stopping me in SL.

One more question, I have ordered a DP to HDMI adapter. Can I even attempt with VGA only?

Last edited:
Thanks, did not realize that the video card was stopping me in SL.
Yes, that video card did not exist from 2009-11 so SL has no support for it.

Yes, that video card did not exist from 2009-11 so SL has no support for it.
One more question, I have ordered a DP to HDMI adapter. Can I even attempt with VGA only or better to wait for adapter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back