Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help !!!
I made a great idiocy,
I wanted to Generate to SSDT for CPU Power Management,
but first I wanted to do just one test, I basically wanted to follow this guide
(Quick Guide to Generate to SSDT for CPU Power Management)
but I do not know why I started from here:

How to Test Power Management

1. Download and compile AppleIntelInfo.kext using XCode. Or download here: View attachment AppleIntelInfo.kext.zip.

2. Drag AppleIntelInfo.kext to desktop

3. Open Terminal

4. Type:

Code (Text):
sudo -s
5. Type:

Code (Text):
chown -R 0: 0 ~ / Desktop / AppleIntelInfo.kext
6. Type:

Code (Text):
chmod -R 755 ~ / Desktop / AppleIntelInfo.kext
7. Type:

Code (Text):
kextload ~ / Desktop / AppleIntelInfo.kext
8. Type:

Code (Text):
cat /tmp/AppleIntelInfo.dat

I turned off the PC and now it does not restart anymore
stops at the password entry page
IMG_20180212_223651.jpg

Nobody has any ideas, I have all the emails working inside
I'm in trouble

Nobody has any ideas, I have all the emails working inside
I'm in trouble
Have you tried booting from your Unibeast drive yet ?

Have you tried booting from your Unibeast drive yet ?
yes, but it crashes before you get to the password screen

now that I think about it, my unibeast is for sierra, is it okay for high sierra?

now that I think about it, my unibeast is for sierra, is it okay for high sierra?
It should be a high Sierra Unibeast installer. If you have another SSD or HDD available you could install Sierra on that and then make a new High Sierra installer.

Newegg.com has a very good deal on a 16GB Ram kit for the HP 6300/8300 SFF or CMT desktops. $119.99 and free shipping. This sale is good for one week from today 2-13-18.

20-231-568-02.jpg
Just remember that you can't fit two of these kits (32GB total) in the SFF model. The heatsinks are too high to fit in all 4 ram slots. Installing these in 2 of the 4 Slots will work with no problems in the small form factor version desktop.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231568&cm_re=16GB_DDR3_ram-_-20-231-568-_-Product

Could you fit two modules without heat sinks in addition, or would you have to leave them empty?
Yes, if the other two have no heatsinks they will fit as usual.

as for full size wifi, have ordered a 3 antenna pci-e adapter bcm94360CSAX card as i can cut that bracket down, and a BCM94360CSAX card which is the 3 antenna macbook version. I have an old macbook card, but it's a wireless N two antenna BT3 version, figured the new card at $15 was cheap enough.

@markintosh13 would you please report on how this specific adapter card (94360CSAX) is working (wifi and BT) in High Sierra. These are now available pre-built so I want to know whether this is a good solution for those on HS. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back