Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

I apologize in advance if this has been covered. I have read most of the thread and did not see it. Can I install the Thunderbolt Firmware 1.2 update and hope it goes away? I have the HP Elite 8300 I7 / GXT 1050 and I am not aware of any thunderbolt hardware to update. Makes me a little nervous. :)
No need to install it. Just right click in the open space next to it and select hide update and it will be gone.

Just letting everyone know I took the plunge and upgraded to High Sierra 13.3.3 by following the upgrade guide on here and had absolutely no issues (so far). Everything seems to work perfectly.

My 2 cents and some questions:

I bought an 8300 SFF i7-3770 16gb on eBay and go with fresh installation of High Sierra 10.13.1 some weeks ago, then upgraded flawlessly to 10.13.3.
Installation and my first stability and reliability test have been done with nvidia nvs 300 that not require web driver, and I need to say the system going well despite the old generation 512 ddr3 card, but, it was impossible for me to enable second DVI port on the card, nor enable integrated HD4000 at the same time, for the second display; anyone have some useful tips to make this work ?
This configuration is surprisingly reliable and performing, so I want to stay off from a GT 730 or 1030 and web drivers, maybe, in the future, when the price going down, I think a 1050 ti or quadro P1000 it's a more reasonable and powerful upgrade.

Another question: do you think possible to use migration assistant to move my working production hackintosh with Sierra 10.12.6 to this system?

Any tips will be appreciated, thanks.

Just letting everyone know I took the plunge and upgraded to High Sierra 13.3.3 by following the upgrade guide on here and had absolutely no issues (so far). Everything seems to work perfectly.

At what post number is the guide to upgrading to HighSierra?

Hello Guys and gals
I have messed with 10.13.3 update and looking for help. I don't think it is anything to do with update and I think the solution could be simple but as I am quite a bit new, I cant solve it myself.
A short explanation of events:
My Hackintosh was Win 10 and Mac OS from multiple drives and had another HDD for back up and time machine
I updated to 10.13.3 through AppStore (application).Previously I have disabled APFS and this time have not disable it. After installation drive I have updated disappeared from Clover boot menu (initial screen you see all bootable volumes).I had had a back disk and it was fine to load Mac OS from this drive.
First I used CCC to restore latest back up but it has not changed anything and Clover boot menu only showed Win10 and back up HDD. Than I have realised my actual Mac OS drive's file system has changed to AFPS. I deleted AFPS partition and formatted it to usual MacOS format. Later on I restored from CCC one more time. As it was a full restore and I was hoping this will solve the problem. But I am now in a deeper s@#t. After the restore, clover boot menu has gone all together.
I went to BIOS and saw Mac OS installed drives were not showing as UEFI drives. They were under the Legacy mode (as far as I can remember, basically when choosing boot order they were below Win10 drive and cant be dragged up)
Now I can only boot the Win10 drive, Win 10's disk management shows MacOS drives( MacOS drive on SSD and back up)
I tried to figure out the problem and thought it was something to do EFi partition and managed to mount this parts on Windows but there is no files in this partition or Win10 cant see them. I cant find the USB I installed Hackintosh (I had one but cant find it) but I have access to another Mac and I think I can create another one by following the guide as I have done at the first place.
I will be grateful if you can offer a remedy for my problem.
Regards

Hello Guys and gals
I have messed with 10.13.3 update and looking for help. I don't think it is anything to do with update and I think the solution could be simple but as I am quite a bit new, I cant solve it myself.
A short explanation of events:
My Hackintosh was Win 10 and Mac OS from multiple drives and had another HDD for back up and time machine
I updated to 10.13.3 through AppStore (application).Previously I have disabled APFS and this time have not disable it. After installation drive I have updated disappeared from Clover boot menu (initial screen you see all bootable volumes).I had had a back disk and it was fine to load Mac OS from this drive.
First I used CCC to restore latest back up but it has not changed anything and Clover boot menu only showed Win10 and back up HDD. Than I have realised my actual Mac OS drive's file system has changed to AFPS. I deleted AFPS partition and formatted it to usual MacOS format. Later on I restored from CCC one more time. As it was a full restore and I was hoping this will solve the problem. But I am now in a deeper s@#t. After the restore, clover boot menu has gone all together.
I went to BIOS and saw Mac OS installed drives were not showing as UEFI drives. They were under the Legacy mode (as far as I can remember, basically when choosing boot order they were below Win10 drive and cant be dragged up)
Now I can only boot the Win10 drive, Win 10's disk management shows MacOS drives( MacOS drive on SSD and back up)
I tried to figure out the problem and thought it was something to do EFi partition and managed to mount this parts on Windows but there is no files in this partition or Win10 cant see them. I cant find the USB I installed Hackintosh (I had one but cant find it) but I have access to another Mac and I think I can create another one by following the guide as I have done at the first place.
I will be grateful if you can offer a remedy for my problem.
Regards

All sorted...

So I may have kinda jumped the gun trying to follow this build. I found an 8300 USFF on eBay with an I7 for a great deal. What I didn't know, or perhaps someone could enlighten me but is there anyway to fit two hard drives? I want to be able to dual boot between OSX and Windows 10. I'm guessing I would have to either remove the optical drive in favour of a second hdd. Or could I partition the current drive? I wish there was a bit more info in this guide regarding the USFF model.

So I may have kinda jumped the gun trying to follow this build. I found an 8300 USFF on eBay with an I7 for a great deal. What I didn't know, or perhaps someone could enlighten me but is there anyway to fit two hard drives? I want to be able to dual boot between OSX and Windows 10. I'm guessing I would have to either remove the optical drive in favour of a second hdd. Or could I partition the current drive? I wish there was a bit more info in this guide regarding the USFF model.
Yes, you can have an mSata boot drive and then use the regular Sata 3 port for an SSD or mechanical 2.5" HDD. Look at some pictures of the motherboard on Ebay or on the HP website and you'll see the mSata slot there.

Here's the guide for multibooting on separate drives.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-multibooting-uefi-on-separate-drives.198869/

I don't suggest that you dual boot on the same drive. Too many potential problems.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back