Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to disable legacy support and i'm using built in hd4000 with the displayport, it booted fine and didn't noticed any difference with it on or off. Is there any andvantages to have it off?

I tried to disable legacy support and i'm using built in hd4000 with the displayport, it booted fine and didn't noticed any difference with it on or off. Is there any andvantages to have it off?
The benefits are mainly for the initial install of macOS. When using a UEFI capable graphics card like a GTX 1050 it makes everything 1080p for the whole process. With it off everything is stretched and distorted and the post install is more difficult. That's what I experienced when recently attempting a HS install.

Can you post a screenshot of how your Clover Boot Screen looks with it on versus off ?

I can see that resolution is different.
Legacy disabled.

screenshot1.png

Legacy enabled.

screenshot0.png

Yes, it seems to have the same effect with HD4000. The official clover wallpaper/images aren't affected as much as the tonymacx86 version. It's mostly just cosmetic, doesn't affect performance at all. See post #1042 in this thread.

High Sierra Install Guide
I've just completed this supplemental clean install guide for High Sierra. It will help you to see the differences involved in installing High Sierra as opposed to Sierra. Watch it whether you plan an in place upgrade or more importantly if you are going to start fresh with High Sierra. The primary difference is whether to convert to APFS or not. It's a choice you'll have to make before the install. The HS install was much slower than any previous one I've completed all the way back to Mt. Lion 6 years ago. Be prepared to watch a lot of slow progress bars during this install ! I've shortened them all to keep the video length under about 4 minutes. Following that in the 2nd post is the complete start to finish High Sierra guide for those just starting out with a new build.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-install-high-sierra-on-the-hp-6300-8300-desktop-pc.243272/

Post all of your High Sierra install or post install questions in this new thread. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hi, I'm new to Hackintosh, I think it's a very good job.
I have an Hp 8300 i5 3470 3.20ghz. 16 gb ram, ssd samsung evo 250gb.
I have a question when installing sierra 10.12.6, at which point I have to copy and paste the file
I5-3470 ssdt.aml, before mounting the EFI partition, or later, I would appreciate your help.
Thank you.
P.S. my english is very bad and is translated with Google translator

Hi,

i own a 8300 with HD4000. I disabled Legacy Support. Now i don't see the boot menu or CBM Menu any more. The first picture is the boot screen of osx. I connected a 1440p monitor via DisplayPort. I will connect an old monitor with vga and hope i can access the bios.

Greetings
Dennis

Hi, I'm new to Hackintosh, I think it's a very good job.
I have an Hp 8300 i5 3470 3.20ghz. 16 gb ram, ssd samsung evo 250gb.
I have a question when installing sierra 10.12.6, at which point I have to copy and paste the file
I5-3470 ssdt.aml, before mounting the EFI partition, or later, I would appreciate your help.
Thank you.
P.S. my english is very bad and is translated with Google translator

Welcome jj. Yes, the EFI partition must be mounted and then it's just a drag and drop of the file into the /CLOVER/ACPI/patched/
folder. Reboot and check to see which frequencies the cpu is reaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back