Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still need to configure some things on it (sound not working)

Sound is easy to get working. Have SIP fully disabled. Install the VoodooHDA 2.9.0 and AppleHDA Disabler kexts with kextbeast to /L/E and reboot. That should get it all working, both HDMI audio and the analog audio jacks. Even the internal speaker works.

Sound is easy to get working. Have SIP fully disabled. Install the VoodooHDA 2.9.0 and AppleHDA Disabler kexts with kextbeast to /L/E and reboot. That should get it all working, both HDMI audio and the analog audio jacks. Even the internal speaker works.
I got the audio working with your instructions. Thank you!

Did I enter something in error...mine is showing as iMac 14,2 and not 13.

Do I just fix that in the definitions or what is suggested. I don't recall reading about that.

Thanks again

Did I enter something in error...mine is showing as iMac 14,2 and not 13.

Do I just fix that in the definitions or what is suggested.

If you look at step 7 carefully you'll see that you need to select iMac 13,2 SMBIOS when you run Multibeast. You can go back and just select that, nothing else, and run it to change to 13,2. Reboot and you'll see it changed in About this Mac.

MB_choices.jpg

If you look at step 7 carefully you'll see that you need to select iMac 13,2 SMBIOS when you run Multibeast. You can go back and just select that, nothing else, and run it to change to 13,2. Reboot and you'll see it changed in About this Mac.

View attachment 278748

Ahhh...got it. That is what I missed. Thank you very much for the quick reply, sir.
I will update that today.

Has anybody issues with monitors? I mean, I bought a 4K Dell monitor but ,it failed to wake up after sleep and I had to return it. Now I am looking another one. Do you think the monitor was faulty or something wrong with my setting or what else can it be?
NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 2047 MB

My 4k 40" Phillips monitor will not work with my 6300 SFF built in display port.

Works fine with my MSI GT 1030 w/ display port.

My 4k 40" Phillips monitor will not work with my 6300 SFF built in display port.

Works fine with my MSI GT 1030 w/ display port.

I tried only with HMDI as I did not have DP cable.I guess, there was a problem with the monitor I bought. Thanks for your answer

View attachment 278748

So, I did the update to configure the SMBIOS with 13,2 like you suggested and got it all working. Thanks again.

I did find some sort of error....(but this was when I was on 14,2) that when I put it to sleep, when I come back and wake up, it shows that it had restarted due to some error. I will test it now on 13,2 and put it to sleep and see if that was the problem.
Fingers crossed that no errors show up.

I am so stoked at this build...once I figured out what the problem was (bad USB flash drive or too old)...everything else has gone smoothly! woohoo!!!

EDIT: When I came back, it looks like it had rebooted again...below is what had shown in error...any ideas what would cause this?

No samples for specified time interval

================================================================

Code: 0x0
Stackshot reason: Watchdog

Model: iMac13,2, BootROM IM131.010F.B00, 4 processors, Intel Core i7, 3.39 GHz, 8 GB, SMC 2.11f16
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, PCIe, 4095 MB
Memory Module: BANK 0/DIMM0, 4 GB, DDR3, 1600 MHz, Micron Technology, 8JTF51264AZ-1G6E1E1
Memory Module: BANK 1/DIMM0, 4 GB, DDR3, 1600 MHz, Micron Technology, 8JTF51264AZ-1G6E1E1
Network Service: Wireless N USB Adapter, Ethernet, en1
Serial ATA Device: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB, 250.06 GB
Serial ATA Device: hp DVD-RAM GH82N
USB Device: USB 3.0 Bus
USB Device: USB 2.0 Bus
USB Device: Hub
USB Device: USB 2.0 Bus
USB Device: Hub
USB Device: Macally MKEYE/MKEYX USB Keyboard
USB Device: USB Optical Mouse
USB Device: Wireless N USB Adapter
Thunderbolt Bus:

Last edited:
Try unplugging everything connected via USB then add them back one by one to see what is causing the rebooting. Also make sure that your Energy Saver System Prefs settings are like in Step 8b.

Try unplugging everything connected via USB then add them back one by one to see what is causing the rebooting. Also make sure that your Energy Saver System Prefs settings are like in Step 8b.

I checked those settings on step 8b...when I only unticked put hard disks to sleep, and when I put it to sleep, it would not wake up. the mouse would light up...but nothing would make it wake up. I had to power down and then restart by power button.

Then I followed your instructions with the USB...only 3 things I have connected are USB keyboard and mouse and the USB wifi dongle.

I didn't think that the keyboard and mouse would be culprits...I shut it down, unplugged the USB wifi, connected ethernet then powered up the HP 8300 CMT.
Then I put it to sleep by pressing apple, sleep. When I came back, pressed keyboard and it woke up from sleep and I did not see an error. So, I think that USB wifi was the culprit.

I will observe in the following week to see if it is able to completely go to sleep for extended period of time and see if it works at it should and be able to wake up normal without any errors.

Modding the HP DC 7800 Case

Screen Shot 1.jpg

This video on Youtube shows the process of modding an older HP DC7800 SFF computer.

The channel is named modstek

It's fun to watch one of these dusty, old business desktops get transformed into a Coke machine. Thought that some of the current HP 8300 owners might enjoy this video. These are about 4-5 years older than the HP 8300. Can be found dirt cheap (pun intended) on Ebay if you want to attempt this. Check out the Workshop section of the tonymacx86 forum for more info on case mods.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back