Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone looking for a good deal on the HP 8300 SFF or MT with an I7-3770

This is an Ebay Seller / Certified Refurbisher in Wisconsin, USA
https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-8300-El...Win-10-Home-/282701948227?_trksid=p5731.m3795

DynamicTechDirect is selling this model for $212.49 with an I7 - 8GB of ram and a 500 GB HDD with Windows 10 installed. They even ship worldwide if you can't find one in the country you live in. 8 of these available as of today 12/1/17.

The 8300 Mini-Tower version with 8GB of ram and a 3770 is selling for about $335 on Amazon.com right now. With this you get a full size ATX 320W power supply and ability to use a full height, dual fan GTX 1050 Ti graphics card. This one does not have Windows pre-installed on the hard drive.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FJDUGE2/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

This Seller also sells on Newegg.com

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA6YC6885607&cm_re=HP_Compaq_Elite_8300_CMT_Core_i7-3770-_-9SIA6YC6885607-_-Product

Last edited:
ops a problem
the bios of my hp ssf8300 3570 is 2.90 rev.a
version 2.99 0 3.04 seems to be for the elite 8300 model,
so I have to leave version 2.90 ?
Give it a try with that version of BIOS. It may work just fine. If not, then flash it up to 2.99.

Everything works great
Tomorrow I will try 'wifi and bluetooth.
a question: it is mandatory to disable "put hard disk to sleep when possible"

Everything works great
Tomorrow I will try 'wifi and bluetooth.
a question: it is mandatory to disable "put hard disk to sleep when possible"
Good to hear you've got it working. It's not mandatory to disable that setting. Try it both ways and see what works for you. It's certainly not needed to put disks to sleep if you have just an SSD with macOS installed on it. It may be of some value with mechanical hard drives when your computer stays on for long periods of time. It would save a small amount of energy.

One request, now that you are installed and running your HP, put the hardware details of that into your profile, just below your avatar picture. Click this link to go there. https://www.tonymacx86.com/account/personal-details

Last edited:
With some SSDs, it's better that they NOT sleep. This is because some SSDs utilize periods of inactivity to do its built-in garbage collection. This helps SSDs stay healthy and perform at their best.

The best choice for enabling analog and digital audio will vary depending on which graphics card you are using. If you have a GT 710 or 1030, GTX 1050 or 1050 Ti you should install the VoodooHDA 2.9.0 kext and the AppleHDADisabler kext. If you are using onboard HD4000 graphics, do likewise. Find both attached below at the bottom of this post. Unzip each file and place the kexts on your desktop and install them to /Library/Extensions with Kextbeast. If you don't install the HDA Disabler kext the analog audio will not work after the next reboot. So make sure to include that too.

I had followed these instructions and they worked great for a number of weeks, using onboard HD4000 via DisplayPort and out to my speakers.
Rebooted yesterday (no update, just a reboot) and greeted with a white no entry sign on black background. Powered off and back on and booted fine.
Everything seems ok except I have no sound via DisplayPort. I do get sound via the inbuilt speaker if I change output in system preferences.

Any ideas or anything I can check? Im not an expert so don't want to break things further. It was great that audio was working without needing a USB adaptor.

I had followed these instructions and they worked great for a number of weeks, using onboard HD4000 via DisplayPort and out to my speakers.
Rebooted yesterday (no update, just a reboot) and greeted with a white no entry sign on black background. Powered off and back on and booted fine.
Everything seems ok except I have no sound via DisplayPort. I do get sound via the inbuilt speaker if I change output in system preferences.

Any ideas or anything I can check? Im not an expert so don't want to break things further. It was great that audio was working without needing a USB adaptor.
You could try deleting both kexts, VHDA 2.9.0 and the AppleHDADisabler kext, from /L/E on your system drive and then empty the trash. Reinstall both with KextBeast to /L/E and then reboot a few times and it should be working again. Make sure your system prefs selections are correct.

Last edited:

Are you running Sierra or High Sierra? HS had a security patch that Apple set to apply automatically (no reboot required.) That might be a cause if you're on HS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back