Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6200 Pro / 8200 Elite SFF Desktop - macOS Sierra / High Sierra Install Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am starting from scratch again, when i first enter the macOS utilities and go to install High Sierra, i have to be connected to the internet, is this normal?
yes

Thanks again for you help everyone - I got High Sierra installed and booting with everything working.

Only issue is that it goes to sleep but no display when I wake it with keyboard or mouse. Does anyone have sleep working on a 6200?

Thanks again for you help everyone - I got High Sierra installed and booting with everything working.

Only issue is that it goes to sleep but no display when I wake it with keyboard or mouse. Does anyone have sleep working on a 6200?
That is a common problem with the 6200/8200 desktops. You could try waking it with a quick push of the power button, don't hold it in, and see if video comes back. Good to hear you have it installed. Nice work. :thumbup:

Tried high sierra on 8200 with gtx 1050 and i3-2100, audio and Ethernet did not work along with Nvdia web drivers.

That is a common problem with the 6200/8200 desktops. You could try waking it with a quick push of the power button, don't hold it in, and see if video comes back. Good to hear you have it installed. Nice work. :thumbup:

Yeah I am experiencing the same thing with High Sierra. Does it do it with Sierra too?

I guess only option is to disable sleep mode which is kind of a bummer.

The rest of the system works great.

UPDATE: I have now successfully made everything work with my 8200.
Please feel free ask me if you want help with this.

UPDATE: I have now successfully made everything work with my 8200.
Please feel free ask me if you want help with this.

Does sleep mode work? More importantly coming out of sleep mode?

Mine goes to sleep. I click the mouse and it powers up, then off, then on again but black screen. I have to power off then on again.

I have the 8200 with i5 2400 and a GT710 graphics card

I did a reinstall of Sierra and sleep/wake works perfectly in that. Just an FYI

did anyone else sort the sleep issue? I have everything up and running perfectly except coming from sleep it is exactly as above.

@mauler57, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard (Mobo).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back