i7-7700HQ
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

UPDATE: damaged the laptop by droping it, so cant update this thread anymore until i get replacement.
Im trying get this laptop to work with mavricks, im no expert and ill be updating this thread as i make progress

Installation Procedure:
Im not gonna discuss about how to make unibeast disk here.
1)When we try to boot with Unibeast system will reboots without showing any kp, in order resolve this we need to patch the installation disk as described in this link.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-locked-msrs-hp-envy-15-j063cl-i7-4700mq.html

I applied two patches for 10.9.X

2)After booting to the installation screen, the disk utility will not show the HDD .its because the HDD is in RAID mode, so we need to install the RAID kext as told by Rehabman

Install HPRAIDInjector to the USB (/Extra/Extensions) and your final install:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachment...ector.kext.zip

Your /Extra folder is hidden, so unhide it with:
Code:
# in Terminal, assuming your Unibeast volume is named Installer
sudo chflags -R nohidden "/Volumes/Installer/Extra"
sudo chflags -R nohidden "/Volumes/Installer/System"
sudo chflags nohidden "/Volumes/Installer/mach_kernel"
Use a utility like Kext Wizard to install to /S/L/E in your final install.

3)After booting to the install screen with RAID kext inplace in the Unibeast disk, you can see the HDD. so format it . select it as installation drive.
Note: keyboard is acting weirdly, as it is taking one key press as multiple key presses.
Touch pad: this also taking one click as multiple clicks, the work around is press and hold the touch pad while moving between options, releasing the touchpad will select the currently focused item.

4)Now the install will begin , complete the installation. In my case i was not able to finish the installation , had to change the pen drive . then it worked fine.

Note:If you have issues with keyboard while typing, install the chemelon bootloader to the unibeast drive. It will before starting the installation. But touchpad will not work, so you have to keep USB mouse by your side.

5)After the installation is completed, you need to start installation again, as we should not forget about moving mach_kernel from pen drive to HDD. Ref: point 1

6)Now boot to the HDD in safe mode using unibeast drive( for some reasons not able to boot in normal mode). Using multibeast install the following options.

System Definations: Macbook pro 8.1
Drivers-->Misc ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext, FakeSMC.kext, ApplePS2Controller.kext, NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, EvOreboot.kext(optional)

DO NOT SELECT CHIMERA in bootloader section.

Click install and finish the installation. We are gonna install chameleon bootloader instead of chimera as the chimera is having trouble with keyboard. Download and install chameleon boot loader.

7)And dont forget to install HPRAIDInjector to the HDD

8)reboot now.Now you should be able to boot without unibeast pendrive. If you trouble with connecting pen drives use USBBusFix=Yes and -f

SUMMERY
So far we are able to install OSX to HDD, and installed a bootloader to boot and some basic kexts to start the system.
From now on we are gonna work to enable the complete Hardware.

1)CAM is working by default.

2)GRAPHICS:we have HD4400 graphics. inorder make this graphics to work, we need to add the following info in the plist
IGPEnabler=Yes
GraphicsEnabler=Yes
IntelAzusFB=11 (11 is in my case, if it doesnt work then try from 1 to 15)

On boot graphics are working like glitch, but when you change the monitor refresh rate from 60 to 40 then again 40 to 60 ,then they work fine.

Note: keyboard is acting weirdly, as it is taking one key press as multiple key presses.
Touch pad: this also taking one click as multiple clicks, the work around is press and hold the touch pad while moving between options, releasing the touchpad will select the currently focused item.

It is a problem in Chimera. Install Chameleon to the USB instead.

Yes... Most Haswell laptops will not boot with vanilla kernel because of locked CPU MSR 0xE2.
i used IGPEnabler=Yes
GraphicsEnabler=Yes
IntelAzusFB=11 to get my graphics working, but on boot the screen is flickering , unless i change the refresh rate to 40mhz. changing back to 60mhz is not having trouble too. Is there any other way around this.

i used IGPEnabler=Yes
GraphicsEnabler=Yes
IntelAzusFB=11 to get my graphics working, but on boot the screen is flickering , unless i change the refresh rate to 40mhz. changing back to 60mhz is not having trouble too. Is there any other way around this.

IGPEnabler=Yes has no effect with Chameleon (it is Chimera specific). Since IntelAzulFB=11 is helping (I assume IntelAsusFB above is a typo), you must be using Chameleon.

Try setting the graphics mode to your screen resolution... ("Graphics Mode" option in org.chameleon.Boot.plist)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back