Contribute
Register

[Guide] HackrNVMeFamily co-existence with IONVMeFamily using class-code spoof

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Windows 10 required to discover the BIOS ACPI path?

Probably. It is what I use, except for my computers that are used for Windows Media Center.

It might be worth editing post #1 to add this information.

Added.

Trying to install Sierra 10.12.3 and the boot hangs at a section starting with 'Mac Framework successfully initialized' and then some code following. Does anyone know how to fix this? Please refer to my screenshot attached.
I'm met with this error screen comes after I created a SSDT_NVMe-Pcc.aml file, dropping it in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/ Followed Rehabman's guide here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-ionvmefamily-using-class-code-spoof.210316/
Very thankful in advance for any assistance.
Attached: My EFI/Clover folder is attached as a zipped file
Windows Device Manager showing the ACPI namespace path of your SSD
The boot hang screen.

Attachments

• IMG_6194.JPG
    IMG_6194.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 141
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 71
  • ACPI namespace.png
    ACPI namespace.png
    40.1 KB · Views: 119
Trying to install Sierra 10.12.3 and the boot hangs at a section starting with 'Mac Framework successfully initialized' and then some code following. Does anyone know how to fix this? Please refer to my screenshot attached.
I'm met with this error screen comes after I created a SSDT_NVMe-Pcc.aml file, dropping it in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/ Followed Rehabman's guide here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-ionvmefamily-using-class-code-spoof.210316/
Very thankful in advance for any assistance.
Attached: My EFI/Clover folder is attached as a zipped file
Windows Device Manager showing the ACPI namespace path of your SSD
The boot hang screen.

Your config.plist is corrupt.
Note:
Code:
SPEEDY-NUC:injectall.git rehabman$ plutil -lint /Users/rehabman/Downloads/CLOVER/config.plist 
/Users/rehabman/Downloads/CLOVER/config.plist: Found non-key inside <dict> at line 230

Always use a plist editor such as Xcode or PlistEdit Pro to edit your config.plist, never a text editor.

Can you drop a healthy config.plist here? I don't want to reinstall my usb since I made other changes.

Can you drop a healthy config.plist here? I don't want to reinstall my usb since I made other changes.

Go back to the config.plist before you (incorrectly) added all the patches for IONVMeFamily.
And read post #1 again. Carefully.
This guide does not involve placing any IONVMeFamily patches in config.plist.

Hi, I started afresh and got rid of the IONVMeFamily patches in my config.plist. I added the Change all _DSM to XDSM patch as my screen was complaining about that. However, after changing the config.plist with PlistEdit Pro this time I was met with the boot hang at the same 'Mac Framework successfully initialized' section again.
I attached my revised clover folder as well as the new boot hang screen for reference.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 79
  • boot hang.JPG
    boot hang.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 131
Hi, I started afresh and got rid of the IONVMeFamily patches in my config.plist. I added the Change all _DSM to XDSM patch as my screen was complaining about that. However, after changing the config.plist with PlistEdit Pro this time I was met with the boot hang at the same 'Mac Framework successfully initialized' section again.
I attached my revised clover folder as well as the new boot hang screen for reference.

HackrNVMeFamily is not present in Clover/kexts/Other.

I generated a HackrNVMeFamily.kext using the spoof method ./patch_nvme.sh -spoof 10_12_3 since 10.12.3 is the version of my sierra on my laptop. I dropped the kext file in Clover/kexts/Other then tried booting from my usb. I was met with the following boot hang, which ran a few more lines than before.
I have attached my new clover.zip and the new boot hang screen for reference

Attachments

• IMG_6234.JPG
    IMG_6234.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 103
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 66
I generated a HackrNVMeFamily.kext using the spoof method ./patch_nvme.sh -spoof 10_12_3 since 10.12.3 is the version of my sierra on my laptop. I dropped the kext file in Clover/kexts/Other then tried booting from my usb. I was met with the following boot hang, which ran a few more lines than before.
I have attached my new clover.zip and the new boot hang screen for reference

Assuming you're trying to reach the 10.12.3 installer, and your SSD is at _SB.PCI0.RP09.PXSX, your NVMe setup looks correct.
Your problem looks to be something other than NVMe.
You should probably open a separate thread.

Obvious problems I see with your setup:
- OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi and OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi are mutually exclusive. Use only one.
- EmuVariableUefi-64.efi is missing, and likely needed.
- SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext is missing and likely needed.
- HFSPlus.efi preferred over VBoxHfs-64.efi
- FakeSMC.kext is a bit old
- No idea why you have three Ethernet kexts in Clover/kexts/Other

Thank you so much, what you suggested worked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back