Contribute
Register

[Guide] HackrNVMeFamily co-existence with IONVMeFamily using class-code spoof

Status
Not open for further replies.
Samsung 960 Pro in a GA-Z170N-WIFI v1 with F21 BIOS from Windows 10:
\_SB.PCI0.RP09.PXSX​
I wonder if these are consistent given the same configuration

Same hardware, BIOS, BIOS settings, and install location will result in same ACPI path.

Hello rehabman,
I've been using your hackrnvme kext for a long time(like from 10.11.x) and it always works until I upgraded my machine to 10.12.4. My OS corrupted so I had to created another install USB drive to reinstall my system. It ususally doesn't take a lot of work, because I know all the procedures and checked I have the SSDT, KEXT, Clover patch all in the same place, but my installer just won't recognize my NVMe drive. I am in a deep confusion would you please help me?
System info:

Thinkpad P50
CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1505M V5
GPU: HD P530 (Not using the Quadro M2000M)
RAM: 32G DDR4 ECC SODIMM
Disk: Toshiba XG3 THNSN5512GVU7
BIOSID: \SB.PCI0.RP09.PXSX

THANKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 85
Hello rehabman,
I've been using your hackrnvme kext for a long time(like from 10.11.x) and it always works until I upgraded my machine to 10.12.4. My OS corrupted so I had to created another install USB drive to reinstall my system. It ususally doesn't take a lot of work, because I know all the procedures and checked I have the SSDT, KEXT, Clover patch all in the same place, but my installer just won't recognize my NVMe drive. I am in a deep confusion would you please help me?
System info:

Thinkpad P50
CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1505M V5
GPU: HD P530 (Not using the Quadro M2000M)
RAM: 32G DDR4 ECC SODIMM
Disk: Toshiba XG3 THNSN5512GVU7
BIOSID: \SB.PCI0.RP09.PXSX

THANKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

You did not enter the _DSM->XDSM patch correctly.
You also are injecting duplicate kexts due to having kexts in both kexts/10.12 and kexts/Other.
You should remove the kexts/10.12 folder.

Created the ami and kext. Installed them, kernel panics... I wish I hadn't spent so much money on that nvme drive. This is painful.

It means you made a mistake.

You did not enter the _DSM->XDSM patch correctly.
You also are injecting duplicate kexts due to having kexts in both kexts/10.12 and kexts/Other.
You should remove the kexts/10.12 folder.
Thanks Rehabman...I copied directly from the files in your Github and deleted 10.12 but it still doesn't work. I know you are busy...and I constantly think about where i might do it wrong. I created the NVME SSDT about a year ago, wonder if that will make a difference and I should go create another one?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 85
Thanks Rehabman's work on enabling the NVME SSD

I connected my SM950 Pro at the PCIE 2.0 X 4 port.

I followed the Guide on GitHub and booted into Mac OS X successfully, SSDT patch was applied correctly, and at the beginning the disk speed test was about 1500/900 MB/s.

However, after rebooting, the speed dropped to 7XX/7XX MB/s.

I was sure that the kext was generated with spoof way, located at the correct location(/EFI/ClOVER/kexts/others), and the XDSM rename was applied to my DSDT.aml

What can I do to correct the speed problem?

The attached files is my EFI configuration including clover config and dsdt, ssdt

Also my ioreg file

Thanks!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    19.9 MB · Views: 90
  • Gbanyan’s iMac.ioreg
    9.7 MB · Views: 96
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back