Contribute
Register

[Guide] HackrNVMeFamily co-existence with IONVMeFamily using class-code spoof

Status
Not open for further replies.
config.plist/ACPI/SortedOrder does not list SSDT-NVMe-Pcc.aml, so it is not loading.
Clover loads only the SSDTs listed in SortedOrder (if specified).

Thanks a lot for your prompt anw, now it works.
I should have read even better.
Tom

Planning to update from 10.12.3 to 10.12.4. My boot drive is a 960 PRO NVMe. Using your patching script with the --spoof option.

Do I need to delete the existing HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_3.kext and put a newly generated HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_4.kext in /L/E before I run the 10.12.4 update?

Planning to update from 10.12.3 to 10.12.4. My boot drive is a 960 PRO NVMe. Using your patching script with the --spoof option.

Do I need to delete the existing HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_3.kext and put a newly generated HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_4.kext in /L/E before I run the 10.12.4 update?

Updates are covered in post #1. I have nothing to add to what is already written.

Overview
Problem Reporting

Provide a detailed and concise description of the problem.

If your drive is not recognized by the macOS/OS X installer or you are getting a panic...

Provide image from Windows Device Manager showing the ACPI namespace path of your SSD.

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Dear Rehabman

First of all thanks for all the work and knowledge

My problem comes when I have two NVMe installed at the same time, I get KernelPanic. CRUCIAL MP500 and SAMSUNG PM961 both of 204GB

I´m booting SIERRA 10.12.4 from an SSD, not from the NVMe´s. Everything works fine (but the USB 3.0, I´ll investigate later)

I´ve followed (succesfully I think) for two drives, with ACPI paths 09 and 17 :

https://www.tonymacx...e-spoof.210316/

with one NVMe drive installed everything works fine, either MP500 or PM961 and either in M.2 1 or 2 slots ,always there is only one drive at a time

When I install a second one, OSX gives Kernel Panic. It does not matter if I exchange the NVMe slots. With one, everything fine, with two,..no success. BIOS and Windows 10 recognises both drives (W10 boots from the MP500)

I attach two verbose boot screens. for the second I renamed IONVMEFAMILY.kext Just in case since I had spoofed class, similar results.
post-2035694-0-89039200-1492087675.jpg
IMG_1906.JPG .
post-2035694-0-56480300-1492087682.jpg

IMG_1908 After renaming ionvmefamily kext.JPG

i also attach Clover folder, IOreg, some Terminal outputs I´ve seen you have asked for in previous posts, the text used for the SSDT, and the compiled file. (I did not get the F4 when booting, currently I have just one NVME installed (otherwise no boot), pls let me know if it is still needed and I install the second one and boot with F4)

In SLE I just have FAKESMC and VoddooHDA as far as I know.
IN LE I have I only have HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_4 and USBInjectAll

It would be great if you can help me. I´ve devoted the last three weeks to investigate and tests, my first hack was Easy (Z77) but with Z270, NVIDIA 1080, and NVMe I´m having lots of fun being an economist. (Luckily NVIDIA launched PASCAL drivers when I just quit trying to have HD630 free of glitches)
I want to have both NVMe working same time. One with W10 and one with SIERRA

Thank you very much
Alvaro

My specs:
MSI Z270 M5, I7 7700K, NVIDIA GTX 1080, BCM943602CS
Nvme Crucial MP500 256GB (w10); Samsung PM961 256GB
SSD OCZ 64GB and 128GB, Samsung EVO 850 500 GB and 256 GB, Kingston 128GB
TOSHIBA HDD 4TB

also posted in: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...er-macos-sierra-is-ready/page-55#entry2403656

Attachments

• Archivo comprimido.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 97
Dear Rehabman

First of all thanks for all the work and knowledge

My problem comes when I have two NVMe installed at the same time, I get KernelPanic. CRUCIAL MP500 and SAMSUNG PM961 both of 204GB

I´m booting SIERRA 10.12.4 from an SSD, not from the NVMe´s. Everything works fine (but the USB 3.0, I´ll investigate later)

I´ve followed (succesfully I think) for two drives, with ACPI paths 09 and 17 :

https://www.tonymacx...e-spoof.210316/

with one NVMe drive installed everything works fine, either MP500 or PM961 and either in M.2 1 or 2 slots ,always there is only one drive at a time

When I install a second one, OSX gives Kernel Panic. It does not matter if I exchange the NVMe slots. With one, everything fine, with two,..no success. BIOS and Windows 10 recognises both drives (W10 boots from the MP500)

I attach two verbose boot screens. for the second I renamed IONVMEFAMILY.kext Just in case since I had spoofed class, similar results.
post-2035694-0-89039200-1492087675.jpg
IMG_1906.JPG .
post-2035694-0-56480300-1492087682.jpg

IMG_1908 After renaming ionvmefamily kext.JPG

i also attach Clover folder, IOreg, some Terminal outputs I´ve seen you have asked for in previous posts, the text used for the SSDT, and the compiled file. (I did not get the F4 when booting, currently I have just one NVME installed (otherwise no boot), pls let me know if it is still needed and I install the second one and boot with F4)

In SLE I just have FAKESMC and VoddooHDA as far as I know.
IN LE I have I only have HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_4 and USBInjectAll

It would be great if you can help me. I´ve devoted the last three weeks to investigate and tests, my first hack was Easy (Z77) but with Z270, NVIDIA 1080, and NVMe I´m having lots of fun being an economist. (Luckily NVIDIA launched PASCAL drivers when I just quit trying to have HD630 free of glitches)
I want to have both NVMe working same time. One with W10 and one with SIERRA

Thank you very much
Alvaro

My specs:
MSI Z270 M5, I7 7700K, NVIDIA GTX 1080, BCM943602CS
Nvme Crucial MP500 256GB (w10); Samsung PM961 256GB
SSD OCZ 64GB and 128GB, Samsung EVO 850 500 GB and 256 GB, Kingston 128GB
TOSHIBA HDD 4TB

also posted in: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...er-macos-sierra-is-ready/page-55#entry2403656

You posted this same question on another site. And I already answered.
Your problem is missing _DSM->XDSM patch.
Read post #1.

You posted this same question on another site. And I already answered.
Your problem is missing _DSM->XDSM patch.
Read post #1.
Done, thanks, it was the DSM patch. Do I delete this post? thanks a lot

Done, thanks, it was the DSM patch. Do I delete this post? thanks a lot

That's what I figured...
We won't remove it, as it serves as an example for others that might realize their mistake before asking...

Updates are covered in post #1. I have nothing to add to what is already written.
I should have read that first. Update to 10.12.4 went smooth.

I'm working on a build with Z270 Gigabyte Gaming K3 and Samsung Evo 960. Installing Sierra 10.12.4.
First I wasn't able to boot. After applying instructions from RehabMan I managed to get the Samsung working.
Then I copied Sierra from SSD to SSD Samsung with CCC.
Also installed Clover 4049 on Samsung and enforced trim.
Next tried to boot. But with no success. Last message on verbose screen: Force Data Set Management is set .

Any ideas what is going on here?
Thanks!

I'm working on a build with Z270 Gigabyte Gaming K3 and Samsung Evo 960. Installing Sierra 10.12.4.
First I wasn't able to boot. After applying instructions from RehabMan I managed to get the Samsung working.
Then I copied Sierra from SSD to SSD Samsung with CCC.
Also installed Clover 4049 on Samsung and enforced trim.
Next tried to boot. But with no success. Last message on verbose screen: Force Data Set Management is set .

Any ideas what is going on here?
Thanks!

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Keep in mind you must configure Clover the same as you did for USB (HackrNVMeFamily + SSDT-NVMe-Pcc.aml).
And you must install HackrNVMeFamily to the system volume (because you likely have FakeSMC.kext there and InjectKexts=Detect).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back