Contribute
Register

Guide: GTX 560Ti With 10.7 Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for this guide things went pretty smooth for me and things are working well enough for me. I have the ASUS 560 TI DCII Top, this guy right here

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6814121425

Getting 1920x1080 resolution and and Cinebench score of 25.44, yeah not great but good enough for what I do I on the mac side.

One thing I have org.chameleon.boot.plist instead of apple.boot.plist and when I changed <GraphicsEnabler> to <GraphicsMode> I would get a hang on boot up, using -v I saw it would stop at PCI Configuration, but going back and changing it back to GraphicsEnabler fixed the PCI Configuration hang up.

This only worked for me if I left out part where you add 'Mode' to the org.chameleon.Boot.plist. I left that file as is and all is working fine. I have a EVGA GTX580 Ti DS.

42.06 FPS Cinebench 11.5

MikeMata said:
akim said:
This guide not for me ASUS 560 TI , in logon screen my keyboard don't response by 2 minute ...after that all fine. But 2 minute every time is so long((((

akim how are you booting into lion? are you using any commands? you know i hate to sound retarded but theres been times where i repeat the procedure if necessary have you tried doing everything all over again? maybe your Asus 560ti has a different vendor id so it has a different number. again these are all things EVERYONE here should be looking into.

Thanks for you answer. But i solve the problem after 2 month. I just buy hd6870 and now all is ok.

Hi,

I don't have the kext you talk about?
Have an working Lion install, but there is no NVDAGF100.kext.

What's wrong here?

thank you alot :)

finally i can manage to make my MSI gt560 Ti, 2 Gb works
and thanks also for the multi beast

Thanks for the walkthrough. I just built a GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3, i7 2600k, with an Asus 560 GTX (ID is 1201). I almost thought I would have to keep my old 9800GT in my Hackintosh, but the base of your method was enough to get it done!

Oddly enough I had to make the "GraphicsMode" change to get the system to boot with the 560 in it, but once everything was set done I had to change it back to "GraphicsEnabler" to get the card to do anything over 1024*768.

My 560 scores are only a tad higher then my 9800gt (like 4 fps faster) but I wanted to use the 560 in windows too so I'm fine with the less then expected performance.

Thanks!

After upgrading to Lion 10.7.2, I added again my DeviceID, and then I ran Kext Utility... after that Lion does not launch. It gets stuck at the "grey apple screen". Verbose screen passes with no issues.
Any idea?
Thanks

I was able to get my evga gtx 560ti working today on lion 10.7.2 but I did have to change GraphicsMode back to GraphicsEnable otherwise I was getting kernel panics..

I did score a 35.45 on CineBench.. to shabby since I have a older Core i7 975

zero667 said:
Hi,

I don't have the kext you talk about?
Have an working Lion install, but there is no NVDAGF100.kext.

What's wrong here?
Yes it's named NVDAGF100Hal.kext

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back