Contribute
Register

Guide: GTX 560Ti With 10.7 Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Works great. My 560Ti is up and running at 1920x1200 with OpenGL and CUDA. This is off topic but I have my mouse and keyboard connected to a DVI KVM switch and every once in a while my mouse freezes up briefly and then works properly. Any ideas?

Thanks for all your help.

I have an GTX 560 Ti, and I was able to make it work. However, the cinebench result is pathetic, I am getting only 7.5 fps!
What can I do?

Thank you very much, finally worked.
I didn't use the Video Mode fix, everything else went through as wanted.

Regards,
Miya

luisfdoc1 said:
I have an GTX 560 Ti, and I was able to make it work. However, the cinebench result is pathetic, I am getting only 7.5 fps!
What can I do?

Im not sure what could be causing the problem, is this every time you boot? i have heard of massive frame drops when people wake their computers from sleep, so i avoid sleep mode as much as possible. Even though it fully works on my computer i do not want to take chances with my OSX install. thats another problem that could be generating i highly recommend any user to have a Superduper back up image, with a fully bootable OS on it, that way if your Main install ever fails, you have another OS you can troubleshoot from this is great because when you boot from the other drive you can Verify your OSX install and also Repair if necessary. there is also another program that could help some people out its called Onyx, just becareful what you enable/disable in this application because the Program is not friendly with hackintosh its a system utilities program but it does check the S.M.A.R.T status of your HD and the overall integrity of your OS :O other then your OS, and your Sleep/wake situaion idk why the 560Ti would be bogging down this much.... espcially on your i7

Miyagui said:
Thank you very much, finally worked.
I didn't use the Video Mode fix, everything else went through as wanted.

Regards,
Miya

Happy to help, Post some benchmarks if youd like!!!

UPDATE:
I added my device ID (1200) to the AGPM (info.plist), it improved a little bit, now I get 16.5 fps. But still very low!!!...
In Win7 my score is 49.91 fps! :(

luisfdoc1 said:
What can I do?

MikeMata, what is your score in Cinebench (for GPU) ?
Also, did you just follow this guide?
Thanks!

This guide not for me ASUS 560 TI , in logon screen my keyboard don't response by 2 minute ...after that all fine. But 2 minute every time is so long((((

luisfdoc1 said:
MikeMata, what is your score in Cinebench (for GPU) ?
Also, did you just follow this guide?
Thanks!

Im getting about 47 fps on my EVGA 560Ti FPB edition 1gb

And yeah luis, this is all i did to get my system working, but then again i have a sandy bridge build so my install was generally more Vanilla then other peoples setup

Now you should do a cpu test as well and tell me what your points are, and also make sure your HD is verified and repaired if necessary, this could be done from a backup OS if you have one, or from some sort of disk utility program that could do this like the disk utility that comes with osx, point is you need to make sure that your os isnt faulty. and you cant do that while your in the OS! so you need to be outside, disk utility wont be able to do it while your on the same drive.

also tell me your model of 560ti

akim said:
This guide not for me ASUS 560 TI , in logon screen my keyboard don't response by 2 minute ...after that all fine. But 2 minute every time is so long((((

akim how are you booting into lion? are you using any commands? you know i hate to sound retarded but theres been times where i repeat the procedure if necessary have you tried doing everything all over again? maybe your Asus 560ti has a different vendor id so it has a different number. again these are all things EVERYONE here should be looking into.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back