1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
COMPONENTS

• Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 Motherboard
  • Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 HD3000
  • Dual MSI GTX 460 Hawk (N460GTX)
  • Noctua NH-D14 120mm & 140mm SSO CPU Cooler
  • CORSAIR Vengeance LP 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600
  • 120 GB OWC Mercury Electra 3G SSD
  • Seasonic SeaSonic X760 -760W 80Plus Gold Certified ATX12V PSU
  • Fractal Design Define R3 Arctic White w/ USB 3.0
OTHER

• Apple OS X Mountian Lion @ App Store
  • Apple Magic Trackpad
  • Apple Wireless Keyboard
  • 2x Dell UltraSharp LED IPS LCD U2412M
Background:

• Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L (R.I.P)
  • Gigabyte EP45-DS3R (R.I.P)
  • Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
  • MSI Z77A-GD80 (Returned)
  • Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
Downloads:

• TonyMacx86 - Link
    • UniBeast
    • Multibeast
  • OS X Mountain Lion Combo Update
Procedure:

1. Update BIOS to UEFI (version U1H): Link
  2. Set BIOS to the following: Link
    • If using the onboard HD4000 video
    • Primary Graphics to IGFX
    • Internal Memory Size to 64mb
    • DVMT Total Memory Size to MAX
  3. UniBeast
    • Follow this tutorial: Link
    • Stop after completing steps 1 and 2.
  4. Boot from flash drive
    • When you select the install drive to boot from type in “PCIRootUID=0 -v” to get it to boot
  5. Install Mountain Lion
    • Follow this tutorial: Link
    • Follow: “STEP 3: Install Mac OS X Lion”
  6. Complete initial setup.
  7. When it reboots. Choose the flash drive as the boot drive with your BIOS menu.
  8. Now select your hard drive to boot from.
    • Again type in “PCIRootUID=0 -v” to get it to boot
  9. Install either the 10.8.3 or combo update. Do not reboot.
  10. Run MultiBeast and select the following options:
    6wHvd.png
  11. Go to your hard drive and then in the /Extra folder you will see a file called “org.chameleon.Boot.plist” open this with TextEdit.
  12. Under “<key>Kernel Flags</key>” add “PCIRootUID=0” put that next to “darkwake = 0”
    • Like so:
      caMEUKz.png
  13. Reboot and enjoy your hackintosh

What procedure would you recommend for updating the bios to uefi if you already have a running system? I have the same board on F8. I also see you have the DSDT option checked on multibeast instead of easy beast. Are you using a DSDT file?

The reason I would like to upgrade is I am having issues with sleep where I get no video output upon waking the system. I was hoping this may help because I don't know what else to try.

Hi there, I have followed this guide using the very latest Unibeast. everything seems OK except my onboard graphics are very 'glitchy and bios keeps resetting itself on bootup.

Could anyone possible please have any ideas to help me?

Thanks.

Damien

Hello everyone, hope somebody can help me out.
I've been trying to upgrade to 10.8.4 for the last week, but I always get stuck when booting up (see attached pic), and I have removed both HDAkexts and RTL.kexts, added NullCPUPowerManagement.. with no luck. Tried many boards, installations, bootloaders, but can't get it work without an -x flag.

Thing is, if i safe boot, everything works bar the sound, and I have a 10.8 installation on another drive which is working just fine, tried moving sound, network, graphics kexts from that installation to the .4 one to see if replacing them would work... but that didn't work either.

My specs are:
- Z68X-UD3H-B3 (UEFI)
- EVGA GeForce GTS450 graphics
- i7 2600 processor

- Multibeast 5.4.1

I've had this setup for Snow Leopard, Lion, and Mountain Lion (10.8) without a problem, tried to roll back to F12 but then I couldn't even install, so I'm on UEFI again.

Cheers,
Mario

Attachments

• catura.jpg
    catura.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 712
Hi everyone!

I'm currently using VM Ware mountain LION to use this unibeast and multibeast. Also I have the mountain lion dmg on file saved on my desktop. My problem is whenever I ran unibeast with my usb drive, it always says failed. I already tried following the guide for unibeast exactly as it should be - aside of course the one that says purchasing the mountain lion dmg file from app store which I just downloaded from a t*****t site.

I'm still on the "trying to make a bootable USB" stage here....please help. I'm going to install this into an Acer i3 system with NVIDIA cuda.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone,
I followed all the instructions and everything went fine, except One thing...
If i click on "about this mac" the the Desktop crashes and reloads, so i can't Open "about this Mac"
Has someone any idea how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

This works great for me. Except, when booting my machine it does not go to Chamelon it goes directly to Windows MBR. I can only get in mountain lion if I use the install usb. How can I fix this?

This works great for me. Except, when booting my machine it does not go to Chamelon it goes directly to Windows MBR. I can only get in mountain lion if I use the install usb. How can I fix this?

I managed to solve this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back